Dr. Munib Ahmad - Fuegenix - November 7, 2023

fsu2012

Sharing my experience with Dr. Munib Ahmad at Fuegenix as I am exactly two weeks post op now. Communication with the Doctor has been great throughout (which was a big reason I chose him - I tend to ask a lot of questions and you have a direct line to him via WhatsApp where he answers everything) so I am excited to see how the results develop over the next few months. I will try to share an update monthly! Total grafts were in the 1,400 range. 

Day of surgery was a breeze -- Dr. Munib and his assistant are great. I really didn't have any pain during or after the procedure outside of the injections in the beginning which I have to be honest, can be quite painful. However, they go by quick and then from there the day flies by. I stayed a few days after in a nearby hotel and then flew back to the US.

I am in mid 30s, so I was hoping to establish a hairline that got some youth back but also wasn't overly straight/juvenile. Hoping this lasts for years to come!

Screenshot2023-11-21at9_31.35AM(2).png.a3a98fe38ea4cd5c1f0cc89fd19bf982.png

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 9.30.02 AM (2).png

Edited by fsu2012

5 minutes ago, jjalay said:

How much did it costed if you dont mind saying?

Dr. Munib bases all of the cases on the difficulty/situation, so its best to check in with him to get a better idea. However, I will say it was definitely on the more expensive side of surgeons I consulted with

23 minutes ago, fsu2012 said:

Dr. Munib bases all of the cases on the difficulty/situation, so its best to check in with him to get a better idea. However, I will say it was definitely on the more expensive side of surgeons I consulted with

was it more then 15k?

you went to one of the top 2 doctors in the world right now, congratulations 

i expect a very good result, happy growing

10 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

was it more then 15k?

you went to one of the top 2 doctors in the world right now, congratulations 

i expect a very good result, happy growing

Yes over $15k.

And thanks! 

Ive said this in another Dr Munib thread but I’ll echo it again .

No surgery can ever be an absolute guaranteed success..but with this Dr I think that’s the case. I’m yet to see a bad or for that matter even an average result. He may be expensive but if you can afford it you are giving yourself the best possible chance.

Each result I’ve seen is consistently great and what’s more they are presented with no hiding place. Every angle covered in HD camera and video footage. You can come on here with a result and request a certain angle from the Dr and he’ll post it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Ive said this in another Dr Munib thread but I’ll echo it again .

No surgery can ever be an absolute guaranteed success..but with this Dr I think that’s the case. I’m yet to see a bad or for that matter even an average result. He may be expensive but if you can afford it you are giving yourself the best possible chance.

Each result I’ve seen is consistently great and what’s more they are presented with no hiding place. Every angle covered in HD camera and video footage. You can come on here with a result and request a certain angle from the Dr and he’ll post it. 

Yes that was my thinking as well -- spent many hours looking at other reviews and couldn't find any other Dr willing to blast everything in HD like Dr. Munib... I think it says a lot about his confidence!

You seem pretty knowledgeable @ScottishGuy21, what are your thoughts on the hairline design here?

Great choice of surgeon and small problem, I believe your results will be insane, just be patient 4 months. Can you also post some pre op pics without the hair tight up to understand your starting point? Any idea why the Dr chose this pattern of extraction in your donor area?

2 minutes ago, BaldV said:

Great choice of surgeon and small problem, I believe your results will be insane, just be patient 4 months. Can you also post some pre op pics without the hair tight up to understand your starting point? Any idea why the Dr chose this pattern of extraction in your donor area?

Ha! Fingers crossed! But yes the waiting game is going to suck lol.

I can try to find pics from my starting point, but I used to wear my hair down to cover the recession, so in any pics I have without it pulled back you really wouldn't be able to tell as much.

As far as the extraction in the donor, Dr. Munib explained that I had higher density towards the upper half of the back of my head so he decided to pull more of the grafts from there. He also mentioned that area had a lot of juicier 3 hair grafts that he thought would help create density behind the hairline. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fsu2012 said:

Yes that was my thinking as well -- spent many hours looking at other reviews and couldn't find any other Dr willing to blast everything in HD like Dr. Munib... I think it says a lot about his confidence!

You seem pretty knowledgeable @ScottishGuy21, what are your thoughts on the hairline design here?

For your age and from the 1 with hair pic I can see it’s perfect. You don’t want anything too aggressive because it doesn’t look natural. 

Also with only 1400 grafts used too you’ve got a lot still in the tank (should you have further recession of you native hair). 

Im a casual observer on here, you’ve been in with one of if not the very best in the world. I’m sure he’s nailed it 😊

• Valued Contributor
42 minutes ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

For your age and from the 1 with hair pic I can see it’s perfect. You don’t want anything too aggressive because it doesn’t look natural. 

Also with only 1400 grafts used too you’ve got a lot still in the tank (should you have further recession of you native hair).

I agree with this. @fsu2012, if you’re hair loss has stabilized then sometimes a doctor will go back later and work with you on design but Dr. Munib really has an eye for hairline design and how each hairline shapes each individual face. This is top notch!

Happy growing..the density looks good ..I would like to ask you why did the doctor do such a conservative hairline ? I think you didn’t  have to because your hair loss problem was not aggressive to do a conservative hairline like this. But anyway now it’s Too late, the only thing you have to worry about now is your final result…which you will see in a couple of months. I wish you all the best !

Edited by Jackdaniels

@Jackdaniels I didn't think it was overly conservative, more so just a balanced approach to ensure longevity and that it matches as I age. I think we all tend to get "hair greed" so looking back there is moments I ask should I have gone a bit more aggressive? But I'm excited to see how it pans out, especially as I grow my hair a bit. 

• Administrators

You chose one of the best happy growing 🙏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, fsu2012 said:

Thanks @Melvin- Admin! What are your thoughts on the hairline design? @Jackdaniels has me questioning hah

I think it looks good, it’s gonna look different once it grows out.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.