Hair Dr Leeds, Dr Arshad 3,500 grafts

Throwaway2233

Hi All, 

I’m currently 7 months post op, please see my current status below. Can I get a bit of feedback and wether I can expect any improvements. Thank you all.

Image order, 

1st & last image - pre op

2nd - Post op

3rd - Day 7

4th - Day 10

5th - 2 weeks 

6th & 7th - 1 month 

8th - 6 month

9th - 7 months 

10th(last image) - pre op

IMG_7985.thumb.jpeg.65125aa9b2a010c68cccd29d33d59b6a.jpegIMG_9194.thumb.jpeg.3316979c53bf9130dbe5fac9688a4e5b.jpegIMG_9393.thumb.png.137a3494a4e70895277510aba781466b.pngIMG_9579.thumb.jpeg.19c948b99e0689f015da4b2c7c9617fb.jpegIMG_9701.thumb.jpeg.a1f1cf3517e02ddafe39ad7e5eff5ab4.jpegIMG_9787.thumb.jpeg.79c13a111106bd089149d345a8d50d04.jpegIMG_9820.thumb.jpeg.03e754ad3f61ed56d808147df78071e7.jpegIMG_2927.thumb.jpeg.905dd7839238853e12eba0db9d4b3857.jpegIMG_3144.thumb.jpeg.ed1ae3fabb8797024953ccc8c6430978.jpegIMG_8058.thumb.jpeg.e543347899272dff59baa03ae5c7853b.jpeg

I'll be honest with you, it actually looks like zero growth has occurred unfortunately. At month 7, not to make you disappointed but it's extremely unlikely that you're going to see enough improvement to notice a substantial difference.

What have the clinic said? Not sure why they've put grafts all over the top of your head like that either, normally surgeons either tackle the front followed by the crown, or do a mega session all over.

Are you on meds?

14 minutes ago, Samson1 said:

I'll be honest with you, it actually looks like zero growth has occurred unfortunately. At month 7, not to make you disappointed but it's extremely unlikely that you're going to see enough improvement to notice a substantial difference.

What have the clinic said? Not sure why they've put grafts all over the top of your head like that either, normally surgeons either tackle the front followed by the crown, or do a mega session all over.

Are you on meds?

Yeah I’ve been on finasteride and minoxidil for over two years. My day to day hairloss is minimal. I also agree it seems like I’m worse than my starting point. At 5 months Dr Arshad said they don’t expect growth until 6 months. At month 6 they said I could be a late grower and that I should go to dermatologist. 

16 minutes ago, Samson1 said:

Are you on meds?

31 minutes ago, thetdog666 said:

Yeah not impressed by any of his work. Usually he needs to do a top up with patients after there 1st transplant. 

Yeah I’m going to start planning a potential second surgery I just hope my donor area is fine. Do you have any recommendations, that work with beard grafts too? 

2 hours ago, Throwaway2233 said:

Yeah I’ve been on finasteride and minoxidil for over two years. My day to day hairloss is minimal. I also agree it seems like I’m worse than my starting point. At 5 months Dr Arshad said they don’t expect growth until 6 months. At month 6 they said I could be a late grower and that I should go to dermatologist. 

Ok fine, sounds like meds are working then if shedding has basically stopped. 

From what I've seen, saying your a late grower is just a way of kicking the can down the road, I'd start consulting elsewhere if I were you.

Can you post pics of donor and beard so we can see how many grafts you've got to work with?

22 minutes ago, manutd4545 said:

He can be quite hit and miss. Who you thinking of for your next surgery?

Idk, this whole process has been very mentally challenging. When I went for my 6 month check up Arshad mentioned I have to wait till 12 month. I’m definitely going the throughly research before deciding. 

Yeah I should have researched a lot more into him before going, one of the worst decisions I’ve made 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Samson1 said:

From what I've seen, saying your a late grower is just a way of kicking the can down the road, I'd start consulting elsewhere if I were you.

Can you post pics of donor and beard so we can see how many grafts you've got to work with?

Yeah I’ll take a few pic’s tomorrow. I’m not feeling hopeful either, really gutted with my decision 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Samson1 said:

I don’t think I’ll be able to get full scalp coverage. But I hope I have enough for the frontal 1/3

1 hour ago, Throwaway2233 said:

I don’t think I’ll be able to get full scalp coverage. But I hope I have enough for the frontal 1/3

Possibly not, but we won't know without pics. If you've had 3500 grafts max, then so long as they didn't butcher your donor, you should be able to cover frontal third with  good density.