Vitamin D really thickened up my hair

BLE123

Hi guys, not been on here for a while but just wanted to share something that I found helped by hair so may be of benefit to others.

So my hair situation isn't too bad, I'm early 30s and about an NW2-2.5. About a year ago however I noticed a pretty drastic decrease in the overall health and quality of my hair. Over the course of a few months my hair went from looking just fine, albeit slightly receded, to now looking really quite bad. My hair was weak, thin, dry etc and especially the sides of my head were looking extremely sparse. I almost looked like I'd had an overharvested FUE despite never having a transplant. I also remember when I shaved the sides short, my scalp had scaly red marks and it frankly just looked flat out awful.

I remember looking online and everything just seemed to point to good old MBP but my situation just didn't seem to fit with everything I was seeing. I came across a post on reddit where a guy said taking vitamin D helped him so I thought I may as well give it a try. Although I've never had my levels tested, I live in the UK so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if they were a little low.

So I bought a year's supply of Vitamin D(4000 IU). I didn't expect much but at one month in I already noticed an improvement, my hair was looking a little better and I already started to worry less about it. Two months in and my hair was noticeably thicker and healthier, my hair no longer felt dry and lifeless. By three months my hair was probably back to 95% of how it was beforehand and in the months that followed my hair has stabilised and remained thick and healthy.

Obviously this will only help if you have a vitamin D deficiency and isn't a cure for MPB but if you've noticed a steep decline in the overall quality of your hair then maybe it's something worth trying. The Vitamin D I bought has Vitamin K2 combined with it as Google told me you need to pair the two together or something. I also started taking a generic multivitamin at the same time but I'm pretty sure it's the Vitamin D that did all the work.

Anyway, I hope that helps someone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BLE123 said:

Hi guys, not been on here for a while but just wanted to share something that I found helped by hair so may be of benefit to others.

So my hair situation isn't too bad, I'm early 30s and about an NW2-2.5. About a year ago however I noticed a pretty drastic decrease in the overall health and quality of my hair. Over the course of a few months my hair went from looking just fine, albeit slightly receded, to now looking really quite bad. My hair was weak, thin, dry etc and especially the sides of my head were looking extremely sparse. I almost looked like I'd had an overharvested FUE despite never having a transplant. I also remember when I shaved the sides short, my scalp had scaly red marks and it frankly just looked flat out awful.

I remember looking online and everything just seemed to point to good old MBP but my situation just didn't seem to fit with everything I was seeing. I came across a post on reddit where a guy said taking vitamin D helped him so I thought I may as well give it a try. Although I've never had my levels tested, I live in the UK so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if they were a little low.

So I bought a year's supply of Vitamin D(4000 IU). I didn't expect much but at one month in I already noticed an improvement, my hair was looking a little better and I already started to worry less about it. Two months in and my hair was noticeably thicker and healthier, my hair no longer felt dry and lifeless. By three months my hair was probably back to 95% of how it was beforehand and in the months that followed my hair has stabilised and remained thick and healthy.

Obviously this will only help if you have a vitamin D deficiency and isn't a cure for MPB but if you've noticed a steep decline in the overall quality of your hair then maybe it's something worth trying. The Vitamin D I bought has Vitamin K2 combined with it as Google told me you need to pair the two together or something. I also started taking a generic multivitamin at the same time but I'm pretty sure it's the Vitamin D that did all the work.

Would be great to see some before and after pics...?

9 hours ago, BLE123 said:

Maybe you just had a telegen effluvium and was recovering from it when you started to take vitamin d.

• Like 1