5 week update - 3,000 grafts with Nader

Cospine

Need a little love from the other members so I started another thread

Five weeks and the ugly duck is here. The pimples have been bad in the donor and recipient area but appear to be getting better. I was hoping the redness would have reduced more by now. I have used toppik at a work conference but washed it off immediately.  I may try a lotion concealer if it can be washed off.

I'm a little concerned about the damage from these pimples as some there is some scarring but should heal. I just hope the damage has effected the the hair growth. I'm learning to keep the hats CLEAN!!

On an other note - Is some depression during this phase normal? I know that I need to trust the process and give it time. Just alot of worry that  this will turn out well as the hairs are so wispy and weak. there are new hairs coming in but growth is very slow and the hairs also appear small and weak. There area few spots where I don't see any growth or very little. And the waiting is tough!!   I almost miss the the bald head before the procedure. Lol. Feeling pretty isolated as I can't go anywhere with out a hat and meeting new people is tough and work functions are a little embarrassing. 

for your support!

image.jpeg

11-2-23.jpg

Screenshot 2023-11-02 082717.jpg

• Administrators

Everything is looking on track, keep us updated 🙏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Experience - time will tell.  7 weeks in. So far it's pretty encouraging as I'm seeing the hair in place growing longer and appearing to getting healthier though it's tough to say what is native hair vs transplanted hair. There is definitely more hair, but it's hard to quantify how much more at this stage. I would say 30-40% total? Will these new hairs fall out over the next month or so......it's a guessing game.

I'm definitely in the unsure ugly duckling phase but no reason to be discouraged. I do have some concerns on the recipient area that had heavy pimples as I'm not seeing many new hairs sprout.

I'm hopeful for more density but it's still early in the process. The time waiting is tough. I think this part of the HT can be isolating and kinda depressing for some including myself. Our hair is worse that when we started and we can become more self conscious, which is primary motive for the HT for many of us.   Luckily, I work from the house but had some higher profile meetings/conferences and the redness was a bit obvious. I found this to conceal the redness....very helpful. L'Oréal Paris Makeup Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream Tinted Moisturizer, Anti-Redness, 1 fl oz, 1 Count

I guess it's a few steps back before you can move forward but over all it's very encouraging. I have a great Dr ( Nader) and have very healthy expectations. I'll post pics at 2 months

• 2 weeks later...

2 month update. The redness finally seems to be fading a little. I started taking oral minox 2-3 weeks after my procedure and I'm surprised I'm not seeing more shedding. Definitely in the depths of the Ugly Duckling phase but the growth seems fairly good for 2 months but tough to tell what is native vs implanted. There is definitely new hairs and plenty of smaller hairs sprouting. The acne/ingrown hairs persists but is better and believe this is probably a positive as these are mainly new hairs growing.

Have to say that the emotional process and waiting is harder than I expected. It really can affect your confidence and I and see how some people withdrawal during this stage. I stopped taking TRT after the procedure as this can effect hair loss but is definitely contributing getting the emotional struggles at this stage. I plan to get back on the TRT at 3 month mark but will be extra careful not to run high on testosterone levels.....just keep it healthy range.

Here are pics...  without the BB cream. 

Screenshot 2023-11-28 141958.jpg

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

Edited by Cospine

• 1 month later...

3 Month update

• The redness has substantially faded and barley noticeable. It's nice to take off the hat more now
  • Definitely seeing growth and feel a lot of small hairs sprouting. But there are a few areas that growth is minimal and the hairs don't seem to be growing
  • Still hoping for more density with new hairs and thickening of the existing hairs. I know its common to see a very noticeable difference in months 3-4.
  • The pimples area constant. Having to keep my scalp very clean. I take a hot towel and wipe my scalp and this usually relieves/pops the pimple. This may not be ideal but the pimples often do go away on their own and I feel the tiny hair sprouting and growing once the pimple is relieved.
  • Donor area looks better but still thin in a few areas. I expect this to grow in over the next few months
  • I expected more shedding as started oral minox at week 2. I was not using topical minox.  
  • Will probably need a haircut to the recipient area to even some of the hair length.
  • I started TRT again as stated in another post. Very low dosage and will stop if I see hair loss or if I can't keep the labs in normal ranges. I'm 52 and it really helps me mentally and psychologically  

Overall, I think I'm looking good. Any thoughts on the progress? Am I more of an early grower?

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4262.jpg

Looking good bud. 

I went to Dr Nader a couple times.   He's great.   

Imo,   the growing really starts around month 5.  But everone is different. 

Good luck with the trt.  You're being smart about it...  Low dose.  👍   What dose are you on?   I'm still trying to find the sweet spot.    Rt now I'm at 120 a week.   Injecting 40 m/w/f/....   I might have to go lower.   

Yeah. Definitely don’t stop the TRT. No point in having hair if other ‘parts’ of your body don’t work haha. 

I went down on my dose after my surgery and my levels are around 550-600. Pre HT they were at 900. 

And I also went to Nader. The 16th will make 4 months. That’s when I plan to start growing it out. I’ve been shaving it with a guard since month 2. 

43 minutes ago, gtyler said:

Yeah. Definitely don’t stop the TRT. No point in having hair if other ‘parts’ of your body don’t work haha. 

I went down on my dose after my surgery and my levels are around 550-600. Pre HT they were at 900. 

And I also went to Nader. The 16th will make 4 months. That’s when I plan to start growing it out. I’ve been shaving it with a guard since month 2. 

What is your trt dosage if you don't mind me asking?   

I think you're doing fine for month 3.  I had pimples until months 3 to 4 and they eventually subsided.  You'll definitely start to notice some results months 4 and 5 and will only get better from there.  Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Month 4 and definitely getting better. Still a few areas that are growing pretty slow and need to keep my eye on. Nadar told me that a few small areas didn't have the great blood flow during the surgery. Not as much density as I hoped for at this stage but I'm pleased thus far and feel quite a few hairs budding at the scalp. Nader said that the density fills in at months 6-8... thinking the hair shafts get thicker and more new hair growth is visible. The last 2-3 weeks I've seen quite a big difference in the appearance.  People are telling me I should grow it out.....which is a great compliment as before they said to shave it. Hah. Feels good. And I'm letting it grow. 

IMG_4402.jpg

Screenshot 2024-01-29 183943.jpg