Pain due to anesthesia injections and beard extraction

I have surgery with Eugenix in November but already nervous and anxious thinking about it. Those who have done the HT, from 1 to 10 how painful the numbness injections are? And specifically the ones given in the jawline for extraction? Any tips that I should keep in mind?

Temples and Nape 10 out of 10 (being 10 the most painful anesthesia, not unbearable pain)

Donor area 8

Recipient area 6

Beard Area 3/4

Chest or other body parts 2

BHT anesthesia is not the same formula as scalp lidocaine and it doesn't hurt at all

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

I think pain thresholds vary from person to person. I've had so much surgery since I was 18 from two punch graft surgeries and another six surgeries to remove then via small strip procedures as well as another scar revision in the back donor region. I think my pain threshold is high. My last two repair/hair transplants at Eugenix were just uncomfortable. I had beard grafts extracted (over 7K) and I asked Dr Shishir that he can take grafts from my mustache to which he replied that he couldn't because it would be too painful. I managed to get him to do it in the end and once it was numb it was no different than having extractions taken from anywhere else (including chest and my 'groin')! I would rank the initial injections to be around 3/10 for discomfort and as the anesthesia wore off the top up injections were about a 2/10. The vibrating tool makes a huge difference with anesthesia compared to when I was young and just one big needle was injected and moved around to numb an area. I still remember back then and that was painful!!

• Thanks 2