DHT Sensitivity

DavidFrancis

Hi everyone, 

I need your help, I have question about DHT sensitivity. 
I m on fin 0.5 mg per day since 9 month, and 2.5 mg oral minoxidil since 9 months, but i shed everyday a lot, and i have diffuse thinning. 
I believe that my DHT blood is low now ( i will check it with blood test ), but my DHT Scalp sensitivity is high. 

What’s the solution in this case ? For someone who have high sensitivity, there are nothing to do ? 

• Valued Contributor

You may consult a good doctor who has more experience with hairs and ask for his/her advice regarding this...some doctors are doing dutasteride mesotherapy this days and getting good results from this...it helps to reduce scalp dht 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

38 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

You may consult a good doctor who has more experience with hairs and ask for his/her advice regarding this...some doctors are doing dutasteride mesotherapy this days and getting good results from this...it helps to reduce scalp dht 

Thanks my friend

But where ? There is nobody in France. And i’m afraid of dutasteride, even i don’t see other options 

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, DavidFrancis said:

Thanks my friend

But where ? There is nobody in France. And i’m afraid of dutasteride, even i don’t see other options 

You welcome brother ...i don't even know exactly where..you have to search out that but that's an option worth considering as it has less side effects and it hits scalp dht particularly ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators

You could move up to 1mg daily; that is the recommended dosage.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

You can try topical dutasteride. Check out my journey in my signature. It's worked great for me.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

I really recommend that you get a referral if you can to see dermatologist. I'm not one but if you are having no side effects to oral minoxidil then you could try going to 5mg a day and monitor for any side effects. I'm on 5mg a day of oral minoxidil and I have zero side effects from it (but that's just me).

On 10/23/2023 at 12:24 PM, Gatsby said:

I really recommend that you get a referral if you can to see dermatologist. I'm not one but if you are having no side effects to oral minoxidil then you could try going to 5mg a day and monitor for any side effects. I'm on 5mg a day of oral minoxidil and I have zero side effects from it (but that's just me).

Yes i see dermatologist next month thanks

Im really afraid of my diffuse, i want to remove 750 grafts and put them in the middle

IMG_5339.jpeg