Which affordable doctor is best for diffuse thinning?

Hello fellow balders,

I am dealing with some diffuse thinning that's been going on for years and no medication (dutasteride, finasteride, oral/topical minoxidil, RU58841) seems to help or hald it. I've come to a point that when I am standing under a spotlight, you can just look through my whole hair. Since I know that diffuse hair loss is harder to operate, which affordable doctors are best in my case. I still have quite some native hair, that I obviously don't want to damage. In non-direct light, it doesn't look like I am thinning at all, but I would like to spend my late 20's and early 30's with great density. Which doctors are best for these cases? I am willing to travel, but based in Asia at the moment. Turkey could be an option too, but also looking at Bogota Hairlines since they seem to do a lot of diffuse thinners. 

How likely do you think it is that my native hair WON'T get damaged?

Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2023-10-10 om 15.56.18_2887a1d4.jpg

Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2023-10-10 om 15.56.16_5ad42df5.jpg

Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2023-10-10 om 15.56.17_25cb7228.jpg

Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2023-10-10 om 15.56.17_98aa0989.jpg

Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2023-10-10 om 15.56.17_b97565ec.jpg

Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2023-10-10 om 15.56.18_55e31298.jpg

2 hours ago, Big Rome said:

I’m not sure to be honest brother, I’m surprised none of the medication has helped, not even dutasteride? 

Nothing. Dutasteride has given me tits tho, so I'll have gyno surgery planned in April :(

• Wow 1
  • Sad 2

• Valued Contributor

@nakding

I don't think a hair transplant is the right choice for you at the moment. You still have a substantial amount of your own hair, and given that medications haven't been effective, there's a potential risk of losing more than gaining. It might be more advisable to explore non-surgical treatments, experiment with different hairstyles which don't expose your scalp, and consider using hair fibers.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

7 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@nakding

I don't think a hair transplant is the right choice for you at the moment. You still have a substantial amount of your own hair, and given that medications haven't been effective, there's a potential risk of losing more than gaining. It might be more advisable to explore non-surgical treatments, experiment with different hairstyles which don't expose your scalp, and consider using hair fibers.

You'll think my native hair will be damaged, even by a good surgeon? Only thing I can try is some dermmatch, since that doesn't come off I guess. I've tried every medication under the sun.

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, nakding said:

You'll think my native hair will be damaged, even by a good surgeon? Only thing I can try is some dermmatch, since that doesn't come off I guess. I've tried every medication under the sun.

Yeh there can be a chance of damage..though you can consult some good doctors and see what they have to say..

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor

A hair transplant will never give you the density you once had. The hair you have shown directly under harsh lighting looks very good. I don't know if a hair transplant will give you much more density. Their are surgeons out there but I'm not familiar with ones for diffuse thinning. Having said that your hair is excellent and I wouldn't touch it and risk it. That's my opinion anyway. All the best!

18 hours ago, Big Rome said:

well it won’t be resolved will it, will just be masked

right now, the hairstyle accelerates the thinning look.

this is a styling issue imho.

grantueed better look with different styling. there is no garantue it will look substantially better after ht

• Like 1

@nakding It does not look as bad as you think as it does. HT in your case is too early. If you get one now, you will continue thinning existing hair and will need one more a few years down the lane and so on.

How long have you used medication? It takes at least 6 months to see the difference.

If medication is not working for you, did you consult a Dermatologist to see if there are any issues or deficiencies?

If I were you, for now, I would stick to restyling and check back in a few years time.

On 10/10/2023 at 5:05 PM, nakding said:

Hello fellow balders,

I am dealing with some diffuse thinning that's been going on for years and no medication (dutasteride, finasteride, oral/topical minoxidil, RU58841) seems to help or hald it. I've come to a point that when I am standing under a spotlight, you can just look through my whole hair. Since I know that diffuse hair loss is harder to operate, which affordable doctors are best in my case. I still have quite some native hair, that I obviously don't want to damage. In non-direct light, it doesn't look like I am thinning at all, but I would like to spend my late 20's and early 30's with great density. Which doctors are best for these cases? I am willing to travel, but based in Asia at the moment. Turkey could be an option too, but also looking at Bogota Hairlines since they seem to do a lot of diffuse thinners. 

How likely do you think it is that my native hair WON'T get damaged?

have you looked into potential health issues? i have read that diffuse thinning can be due to nutrient deficiencies or absorption issues. One idea would be to try a multi vitamin and some vitamin D, another would be to have your gut thoroughly checked out. i'm going for a colonoscopy soon myself, i have IBS and some issues with infections the past few years - hopefully i'll be able to improve my nutrient absorption as well.

Your hair looks great to me. If you go for a hairtransplant now you may end up causing more problems. You may have schockloss after the surgery or thinning due to compromised blood supply or damage of the existing hair. The best thing you can do right now if it bothers you that much is get into medical treatment like finasteride oral, or topical if youre having side effects.

You dont need a hairtransplant.

Edited by jjalay

47 minutes ago, coffeeandpie said:

@nakding It does not look as bad as you think as it does. HT in your case is too early. If you get one now, you will continue thinning existing hair and will need one more a few years down the lane and so on.

How long have you used medication? It takes at least 6 months to see the difference.

If medication is not working for you, did you consult a Dermatologist to see if there are any issues or deficiencies?

If I were you, for now, I would stick to restyling and check back in a few years time.

I've used medication since 2019 unfortunately. I have checked with a derm, but haven't really found anything special.

When I style my hair side-parted, it looks great yeah, but the fact that I am not free and it's just going downhill really bothers me. I always used to have the thickest hair untill some years ago. Since then it kinda went rapid, despite doing everything.

43 minutes ago, hairman4321 said:

have you looked into potential health issues? i have read that diffuse thinning can be due to nutrient deficiencies or absorption issues. One idea would be to try a multi vitamin and some vitamin D, another would be to have your gut thoroughly checked out. i'm going for a colonoscopy soon myself, i have IBS and some issues with infections the past few years - hopefully i'll be able to improve my nutrient absorption as well.

I've had a nissen fundoplication (esophagus surgery) done 4/5 months ago. Could've been absorption, but that should be resolved by now. 

30 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

oh man 😞 sorry to hear this, was you taking it daily? 

Daily and also eod.