Haircut help

joe234

I have no idea how to make my hair look good since it has stabilized where it is. My main problem is the sides are very far back. I like having my hair medium length forward to break up my high hairline but inevitably I'll look in the mirror and my skin is showing on the right side temple where you would expect hair.

Attached is a photo of the problem spot. What should I do? Shave the point back? Cut it to a 2 on the sides? Fade it high to cut the lower part of the point and get longer higher up? I'm considering a peaky blinders but not shaved. The front is also pretty thin so I thought letting the back grow to add to the bangs might help. In any case I'm completely lost and don't know what to do about it. I'm tired of worrying about the wind =P

20231009_153504.jpg

• Administrators

I would suggest something like a forward quiff. You need a little more length, but I think this looks better.

IMG_9872.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This is what I do, except like a 2.5 above the ears whereas that guy has like a zero I think. 

The right haircut can go a long ways to masking a receding hairline so kudos to you. A lot of guys rush into getting hairline work as nw2 or nw3 when really they should learn to style it and live with it and delay the HT until years later so they don’t have to chase it as they lose more 

IMG_6845.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. The side does look much better short. Now I'm trying to figure out the top. The hairline is over the top curve of my forehead. If I try to wear it forward it's not really thick enough, more like a thin layer that doesn't cover well enough. Wearing it up in a comb over is better but I'm still uncomfortable with how high the hairline is. It goes up from the temples at a slight angle to meet the center of my forehead. Any thoughts on the top? 

20231203_095008.jpg

20231203_094913.jpg