How much time after hairtransplant i can do haircut?

It depends on the harvesting method.  If FUT, you want to wait until the sutures are gone.  If FUE, no restrictions after 7 days.  I would start washing normally and then get to it.  But, some clinics are more conservative than others.  Check with the clinic you worked with and ask for their input.   There's a reason why you chose that particular group to begin with.  Why not follow their protocol? 

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

@gogo123,

Each hair transplant surgeon will provide their patients with a list of postoperative instructions which should include information on when is OK and acceptable to cut your hair.

That said, to be safe, it may be best to wait a full 10 days to ensure all the follicular units are fully secured underneath the surface of the scalp. This will also give the donor area a chance to heal a bit.

Now, if you’ve undergone FUT/strip, you will likely still have sutures or staples in at 10 days. Either way, if you do get a haircut, just be sure your barber knows about your hair transplant, any sutures or staples you still have in and that he proceeds with caution.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

i did hairtransplant before 28 days, i did fue 

i know that each clinic have her instuction, but i want to ear in general what is reccomand

so can you answer my question ?

when i can do haircut on:

1. donor area + the hair that not transplanted

2. the hair that transplanted

• Administrators

You should be able to cut both the top and donor area after 28 days. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 1:36 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

You should be able to cut both the top and donor area after 28 days. 

i can do haircut with haircut machine? if yes 4 milimeter its fine to do all over the head?

Edited by gogo123