Hair growing the other way

I'm a female who had HT with Dr Rahal in December 2008...22 weeks ago.

It was hard to notice any difference for the first 3 months since I had lots of native hair to start with. Dr Rahal worked on increasing the density.

But the strange thing is that my hair is now growing the other way...I always styled my hair left to right but now this is impossible ..it's growing in the other direction! Has anyone experienced this?

I'm a female who had HT with Dr Rahal in December 2008...22 weeks ago.

It was hard to notice any difference for the first 3 months since I had lots of native hair to start with. Dr Rahal worked on increasing the density.

But the strange thing is that my hair is now growing the other way...I always styled my hair left to right but now this is impossible ..it's growing in the other direction! Has anyone experienced this?

Hi chantal, when the new grafts begin to grow, it's almost like baby hair, sometimes wiery, corse, or frizzy...It might seem that the hair is growing in the wrong direction, but the hair just needs time to settle down, mature and take on the characteristics of the native hair...This can take 18-24 months....Sometimes the new hairs need to complete a full hair cycle, 3+ years before they can be completly managable....HT's are not like any other cosmetic surgery, you have to wait quite a bit of time to see the real results...Take care..

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

Kaounis is correct. I should add however that the angle of the incisions made by the Dr will also influence the preferred direction of hair growth. While you can try to fight it and eventually "train" your hair to twist and go in a different direction if it was anchored to go South and you want it North, it may be a losing battle.

I have had the ends of a few hairs take pretty weird turns in the opposite direction from the past or normal.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

i also had some wrongly facing hairs in my hairline, facing south rather than north. its the docs fault for the angles he made in that spot, one side is perfect with all hairs facing up but the other quite a few face down, i will enventualy have this sorted out becuase i am having to keep cutting them off at the moment just to look normal

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

The hairline, along with the top of the head naturally grow forward....not back...as you get to the temples, they slowly angle to the side and down...going towards the crown the grow back..Guys who have had hair flaps, hair lifts and scalp reductions can attest to this, because they can never have a natural growth angle...I think the hairs that are pointing down are the was that are done right B, it's the ones that point "up" that are wrong. If I understand you correctly...

no the ones that point down are not correct, 99% of my transplanted grafts point up and look natural like the rest of my hairline, but about 20 hairs that have gorwn so far have grown downwards due to the wrongly angles incission, i have circled a few of my wrongly facing hairs although its not realy that good of a pic becuase i only cut them off the other day and they are not long enough to realy get the idea

5_months_3.thumb.jpg.0eef1cfb7dc71468d920455ab5539006.jpg

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Sometimes, it's those slight im-perfections that make a HT more natural looking...Mother nature is not perfect, hairlines don't grow perfectly, look at anybody who dosn't have a HT, if you look at their hairlines, you will find "stray" hairs, wiery hairs, some forward hairs, cowlicks, etc.,...That's what a HT surgeon tries to mimic...No dis-respect B, bit I don't think you understand this...