Long term severe itching

Hello all,

I wonder if anyone in the community can help me. I am UK based. 

I had a procedure in 2017 at Feller Medical in the USA. This was done via the strip method only and I had circa 3000 grafts. 

Six years later however, I am still experiencing intense itching of the entire scalp. I have been to doctors and dermatologists and the scalp looks completely healthy. They cannot see any dermatitis, dandruff etc or any obvious issues which could explain the problem. Has anybody else experienced this, or can anybody shed any light on why this might be happening? I was keen to have another procedure, but I would be too frightened to do this at present given my current scalp issues. I can only assume this would make matters much worse. If anyone can help me I would be enormously grateful.

Cheers all,

R.

6 hours ago, mrselfconcious said:

Hello all,

I wonder if anyone in the community can help me. I am UK based. 

I had a procedure in 2017 at Feller Medical in the USA. This was done via the strip method only and I had circa 3000 grafts. 

Six years later however, I am still experiencing intense itching of the entire scalp. I have been to doctors and dermatologists and the scalp looks completely healthy. They cannot see any dermatitis, dandruff etc or any obvious issues which could explain the problem. Has anybody else experienced this, or can anybody shed any light on why this might be happening? I was keen to have another procedure, but I would be too frightened to do this at present given my current scalp issues. I can only assume this would make matters much worse. If anyone can help me I would be enormously grateful.

Cheers all,

R.

FUT is a more invasive procedure and has a higher risk for complications regarding healing. Yes, the risk is still small, but as your nerves are regenerating in the region where the wound was created, sometimes things can be more permanent depending on your own physiology and healing predispositions.