Input Requested For The Potential Recommendation of Dr. Espinosa Custodio (Spain/Mexico)

Melvin- Admin

23 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Like I said there are two forums in Spanish, recuperarel and recuperartu. At the end of the day, you can do your due diligence and if you feel they’re not the right clinic for you, don’t go to them. 

Ultimately the trustworthiness of the recommended list (and therefore the benefit from being on it) is down to Melvin, since it’s his site, and business.

However, this recommendation is different to those I’ve seen so far. There doesn’t seem to be a large number of cases documented on here at all. More than that, there is some suggestion that some recent cases haven’t been great. 

if it’s ‘a list of surgeons recommended by the community’, then I’m not sure this one fits the bill.

Admittedly, I haven’t seen any private communication, but that’s not usually required in all the recommendations I’ve seen up until now.

• Like 2

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Ultimately the trustworthiness of the recommended list (and therefore the benefit from being on it) is down to Melvin, since it’s his site, and business.

However, this recommendation is different to those I’ve seen so far. There doesn’t seem to be a large number of cases documented on here at all. More than that, there is some suggestion that some recent cases haven’t been great. 

if it’s ‘a list of surgeons recommended by the community’, then I’m not sure this one fits the bill.

Admittedly, I haven’t seen any private communication, but that’s not usually required in all the recommendations I’ve seen up until now.

We ask for input from our community and our physicians. Ultimately, yes the final decision is made by Pat and I. However, that doesn’t mean that we don’t listen to the community. We have removed surgeons this year due to the results posted in this community. At this point, we feel that Dr. Espinosa is an excellent doctor and a solid choice for anyone in Europe or Mexico. His results speak for themselves. That said, everyone must do their own due diligence. If someone feels that a surgeon isn’t the right fit, then by all means do not choose them. Regardless if they belong to a list or not. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

everyone must do their own due diligence.

I would never ask other people to do the due diligence for me.
I'm just asking to share the cases, because on both the Spanish forums I can find only one report.
Probably I'm a very bad researcher and I'm looking for your help.

At the end of the story, this should be the purpose of the community: helping and sharing.

I was also interested in Dr. Espinosa Custodio as his work looks good (based on his own clinic reviews). His website is filled with good information and it does portray him as an ethical surgeon.

However one of the reasons I did not go ahead is because I too could only find 1 patient review on the Spanish forums with photos (ironically in that review the patient was given bad medical advice from the clinic with respect to keto shampoo, this advice was then retracted by the clinic when the patient challenged the advice after asking for a second opinion on said forums)... soo yeah all of that did not instill me with much confidence.

If there are indeed more patient reviews out there that @Melvin- Admin has researched, if you can't share them due to the external link policy on this website, perhaps you screenshot them and blur out the URL? I think that would put some of our minds at ease.

• Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - link to thread documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBD - - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created