Dr. Pittella Head Size Changes The Number of Grafts- Here's Why

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Turkhair said:

So half of what you claimed? It’s still not even close to 14k+ grafts 🤷‍♀️

But his crown is still bald, so you could assume another 5k grafts to cover the crown. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, Turkhair said:

So half of what you claimed? It’s still not even close to 14k+ grafts 🤷‍♀️

Dude just watch the vid. The guy has existing hair and then had over 8k grafts which didn't even cover fully cover the the front mid scalp. His brachycephalic skull needed an insane amount of grafts! Draw your own conclusions but there are people with skull shapes which require insane amounts of grafts and the video I shared being one of them. 

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 4:40 AM, ScottishGuy21 said:

From someone with a large head this is a super interesting discussion.

A Scottish guy with a large head? I refuse to believe it! 

Haha I also have a lot of Scottish ancestry and have a very large head. We can console ourselves by Googling "IQ and head size". 

• Haha 1

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

A Scottish guy with a large head? I refuse to believe it! 

Haha I also have a lot of Scottish ancestry and have a very large head. We can console ourselves by Googling "IQ and head size". 

I'm pretty sure I have a pin head 😢 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

16 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I'm pretty sure I have a pin head 😢 

Haha I think the relationship is fairly minimal. I'm 6'0 with a 60.6 hat size, so probably like a 58.6ish head circumference? So according to @mr_peanutbutter chart I am well within the top 90% biggest heads for my height. Basically I'd look like a Lolipop if I went bald :(

I think I'm more of a Meso head shape but I'll still likely need a ton of grafts if I ever get to NW6. So everything's a trade off

28 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

I've no idea how it all works. I'm well over 6 foot have a big head and yet didn't need a large amount of grafts for my balding level (NW 5) - go figure!

What's your hat size or head circumference? Did you have a lot of 3 and 4 hair grafts? 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

• Administrators
3 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

I've no idea how it all works. I'm well over 6 foot have a big head and yet didn't need a large amount of grafts for my balding level (NW 5) - go figure!

@Bandit90 posted a graph that shows the different varying head shapes. I think the most important is the overall shape. 

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...

could it be that prince william has a very nice headshape for hairtransplant? he looks like norwood 6. he has a very similar degree of baldness like the german chancellor olaf scholz but i think the need of grafts for decent coverage differ quite a bit between those 2

king-charles-prince-william-kate-middlet

2022-09-29-offizielles-portraet-bundeska

Edited by mr_peanutbutter

• Administrators
On 10/1/2023 at 11:53 AM, mr_peanutbutter said:

could it be that prince william has a very nice headshape for hairtransplant? he looks like norwood 6. he has a very similar degree of baldness like the german chancellor olaf scholz but i think the need of grafts for decent coverage differ quite a bit between those 2

king-charles-prince-william-kate-middlet

2022-09-29-offizielles-portraet-bundeska

He’s a good candidate. Age, established pattern, favorable hair characteristics. 

View my thread