Did I just ruin my Hair ?? Razor shave 2 years after hair transplant

Hello everyone 

I had a hair transplant 2 years ago. The results are fine however I decided to get my head shaved today just to see what it looks like. It was a razor shave btw not just clippers.

My cousin who also got a hair transplant told me that this was a huge mistake and transplanted hairs aren’t supposed to get shaven off like that. He said that I might even have lost a lot of the hairs permanently because of that.

Is this true ??

• Haha 2

No. That's nonsense.

• Like 1

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000 grafts, Summer 2023

1 hour ago, Beno99 said:

Hello everyone 

I had a hair transplant 2 years ago. The results are fine however I decided to get my head shaved today just to see what it looks like. It was a razor shave btw not just clippers.

My cousin who also got a hair transplant told me that this was a huge mistake and transplanted hairs aren’t supposed to get shaven off like that. He said that I might even have lost a lot of the hairs permanently because of that.

Is this true ??

He’s just kidding with you

• Administrators

This is a non-issue.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Beno99 said:

Hello everyone 

Is this true ??

No way you can damage follicles by shaving your head so dont worry about it.