Finasteride

mac toro

Hello

So I've been considering hair transplant for while now. But been put of because of finasteride  the side effects it causes.  

I have been losing hair for over 20 years now, I'm 37 now. It has slowed down over time. 

I went to local doctor got prescription for finasteride tablet and minoxdil liquid. After taking 4 tablets of finasteride 1 ml every second day, I noticed side effects, then I stopped it. 

So my question is, should I do hairtransplant without taking the medication such as finasteride and minoxidil? 

• Valued Contributor

What side effects did you get from topical minoxidil? Not being on finasteride will mean that you will require more surgeries as your hair loss progresses depending on your donor capacity. What is your Norwood level of loss? All the best.

24 minutes ago, mac toro said:

Hello

So I've been considering hair transplant for while now. But been put of because of finasteride  the side effects it causes.  

I have been losing hair for over 20 years now, I'm 37 now. It has slowed down over time. 

I went to local doctor got prescription for finasteride tablet and minoxdil liquid. After taking 4 tablets of finasteride 1 ml every second day, I noticed side effects, then I stopped it. 

So my question is, should I do hairtransplant without taking the medication such as finasteride and minoxidil? 

You took 4 tablets of finasteride every 2 days? Am I reading that right?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

What side effects did you get from topical minoxidil? Not being on finasteride will mean that you will require more surgeries as your hair loss progresses depending on your donor capacity. What is your Norwood level of loss? All the best.

Thanks,  I got dermatitis from minixdil, and I'm nearing norwood 5 probably. That's the case, I don't wanna ended up with islands of hair. Plus all scarring becoming visible overtime. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mac toro said:

Hello

I would say yeah if you’re 37 and probably reached your final Norwood level. Any further loss would be minimal definitely not NW7 level.

But you would need to do several hair transplants to chase the slow loss. It honestly wouldn’t be so bad especially if you’ve a good beard.