After FUE op ...

• Valued Contributor

@inthemix

Meds can be avoided in following scenarios

-if you faced side effects at normal dosage and even with micro dosing.

-If you don't have enough native hairs on your head to loose than its fine if you don't take meds 

-if you have native hairs but don't mind  loosing them.

Its not that meds need to be taken to get good results of HT..i mean it helps transplanted hairs for sure but it is more for the maintainence of your native hairs...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

If you have native hair that can be lost to DHT, you will continue to lose that hair if you discontinue finasteride and minoxidil.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

@inthemix,

I don’t know much about your situation however, keep in mind that hair transplant surgery is great at restoring hair to completely bald or thinning areas of the scalp.  However, surgical her restoration does nothing to slow down, stop or reverse the effects of male pattern baldness.

Also, if you are currently using hair loss medication and it’s helping you slow down, stop or reverse the effects of genetic alopecia… eliminating these medications from your treatment regimen will not only cause your genetic balding to continue but you will also lose any of the hairs that have been saved by the medication.

Long story short, I would speak to your surgeon about whether or not he feels that non-surgical solutions should be a part of your short and long-term hair loss restoration plan. There are typically more cases than not where nonsurgical solutions are beneficial.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

It never ceases to surprise me how some of the younger men think that surgery in itself will solve their genetic hair loss without the use of effective hair loss meds…the bottom line is that if you have native hair that is DHT receptive, low dose finasteride, minoxidil, will help you hold on to it.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY