Choosing a surgeon...

Hi, I'm new to the forum and was hoping for some advice on choosing a surgeon for a hair transplant. Having had a consultation in Dubai a year or so ago I will need around 8000 follicles transplanting and I believe there are 2 or 3 in each graft so I'm guessing around 3000 grafts. I currently live in Bucharest which has some clinics and Turkey is easily accessible but like many I'm terrified of going to the wrong place. I keep seeing the phrase 'hair mill' on this forum which appears to be the standard in Turkey. I've had a quote of £3000 from Hermest in Istanbul who appear to have a decent reputation but this seems very cheap. On the other hand 15k on Harley Street seems steep. It's very difficult to find reliable info online so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice based on knowledge or personal experience. I'm willing to travel anywhere in Europe and my budget could go to £10,000 if necessary but if I can get an equally good job done for less that would be preferable.

I edited my response: 

3000 grafts can achive high density over the frontal.

Our price range between 2.4 - 2.2€ per graft including our free accommodations and driver, so I think we can fit your budget, the clinic located in Cyprus Nicosia Greek side, your welcome to contact my WhatsApp for consultation and check clinic reccomend reviews in this forum.

Edited by Doron Harati

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

@fenners,

I think it’s good that you’re here beginning research. It seems like you have a lot to learn but that’s OK. Everybody starts in the same place. I remember when I first started researching hair transplant surgery, I thought Bosley and MHR were the only options.  Obviously, after finding this forum in particular, I quickly learned that there are far more and better options for me.  

Firstly, please note that the skill and experience of each surgeon varies as to their results. Therefore, it’s absolutely crucial and critical that you select a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results consistently. So how do you do this?

forums like this are a godsend to potential patients because you can research years and years of results posted by real hair transplant patients and clinics a like.  You will quickly learn which surgeons stand out over the others and which doctors are consistent in creating results that are both full and natural…to the point that even hairstylists and other professionals wouldn’t be able to detect that you have gotten hair transplant surgery.

it’s also crucial that you don’t let cost and location determine where are you ultimately have your procedure done.   Now, it’s possible you happen to live in an area where there are no standing surgeons with a proven track record of excellent results. If that’s the case, then you are blessed. But… I would personally much rather travel and even pay more if necessary to undergo surgery with a doctor with an outstanding reputation and countless years on this and other public forums showcasing exceptional results posted by real patients and the clinic    I know this is true for many and most of the exceptionally happy patients who rave about their doctor are the ones who have traveled to make sure they’ve met with the best for them  

Below, I presented a few links to examples of Dr. Rahal‘s recent work and results to give you an idea of the kind of natural looking results that can be performed today by the best surgeons like Dr. Rahal 

if you are interested in a no obligation information session with Dr. Rahal to see what he thinks about your situation, feel free to send me a private message on this forum or email me at info@rahalhairline.com.

3450 Grafts - FUE

2711 Grafts - FUE

3002 Grafts - FUE

3001 Grafts - FUE (different from above)

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Note, the above links are only a few of the recent examples we’ve presented,  o cam certainly post more examples of you want them or you can search the forum to see what his patients are saying  

I do want to say however, that the average number of hairs per graft is approximate 2.1.  So if a surgeon recommended 8000 hairs, that would be equivalent to approximately 3809 grafts or follicular units.

I do suggest however, posting a few photos showing your area of hair loss which should include a picture of your hairline, the top of your head and possibly A picture of your head from the front and a 45° angle. I also suggest putting a few photos of the sides and back of your head so you can see what you’re doing area looks like.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

there is a big button with „forum recommended surgeons“

Sorry to annoy you but I'm brand new to this forum. You could simply ignore me as opposed to pointless sarcasm. Thanks anyway though I'll press the big button 😊

• Valued Contributor

@fenners

If i understood it right thn you mean to say that you require 8k hairs and for that you probably need around 3.5k grafts and with your budget you can find a decent doctor....

--> 1-2 euros per graft - dr kongkiat laorwong,.dr ibrahim jebai ,dr gur, dr turan,dr demirsoy ,dr michalis georgiou ,dr patty,dr Espinosa (medecap clinic),Eugenix clinic(lower package)

--> 2-3.5 euros per graft -dr pekiner,dr custodio ,dr bicer,dr saifi, dr ximena villa, dr heinicke,dr nader, Dr Camacho,dr bonaros,HLC clinic,HDC clinic ,dr keser ,dr pathomvanich,Eugenix clinic

—> There can be other good doctors who are not in the list so you can do your own research for that or take opinions of other members.

This list is not a recommendation and please just take this as a source of knowledge about the names of some good doctors you can consult with..This is based on my research and knowledge and my personal choice and everyone are requested to do their own research before choosing a surgeon and don't take this list on face value as everyone will have different opinions and choices.

I hope this helps you...Best of luck.

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

7 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@fenners

If i understood it right thn you mean to say that you require 8k hairs and for that you probably need around 3.5k grafts and with your budget you can find a decent doctor....

--> 1-2 euros per graft - dr kongkiat laorwong,.dr ibrahim jebai ,dr gur, dr turan,dr demirsoy ,dr michalis georgiou ,dr patty,dr Espinosa (medecap clinic),Eugenix clinic(lower package)

--> 2-3.5 euros per graft -dr pekiner,dr custodio ,dr bicer,dr saifi, dr ximena villa, dr heinicke,dr nader, Dr Camacho,dr bonaros,HLC clinic,HDC clinic ,dr keser ,dr pathomvanich,Eugenix clinic

—> There can be other good doctors who are not in the list so you can do your own research for that or take opinions of other members.

This list is not a recommendation and please just take this as a source of knowledge about the names of some good doctors you can consult with..This is based on my research and knowledge and my personal choice and everyone are requested to do their own research before choosing a surgeon and don't take this list on face value as everyone will have different opinions and choices.

I hope this helps you...Best of luck.

This is really very helpful and much appreciated. I have since read your story and Dr Laorwong seems like a very trustworthy option. I hope your hair is growing well!

@A_4_Archan I have looked into most of the surgeons on your list and they all have mostly positive reviews so it's difficult to discern which route to go down. I did also stumble across another called Dr Buno Ferreira from Portugal who seems to get very positive reviews. I have looked at his work and many of his patients seem to have very extensive hair loss like me. I'm wondering whether he may be a good option?

13 hours ago, fenners said:

Hi, I'm new to the forum and was hoping for some advice on choosing a surgeon for a hair transplant. Having had a consultation in Dubai a year or so ago I will need around 8000 follicles transplanting and I believe there are 2 or 3 in each graft so I'm guessing around 3000 grafts. I currently live in Bucharest which has some clinics and Turkey is easily accessible but like many I'm terrified of going to the wrong place. I keep seeing the phrase 'hair mill' on this forum which appears to be the standard in Turkey. I've had a quote of £3000 from Hermest in Istanbul who appear to have a decent reputation but this seems very cheap. On the other hand 15k on Harley Street seems steep. It's very difficult to find reliable info online so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice based on knowledge or personal experience. I'm willing to travel anywhere in Europe and my budget could go to £10,000 if necessary but if I can get an equally good job done for less that would be preferable.

You can go to Dr Pekiner in Turkey with your eyes closed. He’s among the world best and his waiting list is growing, soon he would’ve 2-3 years long lists like other exclusive surgeons. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Emiry said:

You can go to Dr Pekiner in Turkey with your eyes closed. He’s among the world best and his waiting list is growing, soon he would’ve 2-3 years long lists like other exclusive surgeons. 

Thank you for the advice. Turkey would be a great option for me in terms of location but 2-3 years is a long time to wait.. 

• Valued Contributor

@fenners

Yes i had my surgery with dr laorwong and i had very good experience with him and everything is on track..you can consider him for your surgery..he is an experienced ,ethical and skilled surgeon who is value for money pick imho...one more doctor whom i forgot to mention is dr de freitas who is charging 3 euros per graft.

Dr Ferreira is world class doctor and his work is top notch and one of my favorites....i didn't mention his name in my list because of your budget constraint...if you can afford someone around 3.5 to 4 euros than there are few world class options and dr Ferreira is one of them..let me share all the names around that budget 

—> 3.5 to 5 euros per graft - dr keser,dr pinto,dr ferreira,dr pittela,dr zarev,dr couto,dr bisanga,dr mwamba,hattingen clinic,dr shapiro,dr arika bansal/dr sethi (eugenix clinic)

The above all doctors are some really good doctors whom you can look at....

--> My Thread

@A_4_Archan

Thanks again for the great advice. My budget is definitely flexible if it means I get the right surgeon. As I have significant hair loss I guess the skill of the surgeon is especially important. I'm so pleased I stumbled across this forum before doing what so many do and blindly picking a clinic in Turkey.

• Valued Contributor

@fenners

You are welcome brother..this is the best place to gain knowledge about evrythn related to a HT surgery...good to have a flexibility when it comes to budget.. So look at all those doctors i have mentioned and check out their results and consult them one by one and than see who give you more confidence and who is in sync with your goals..if you need any other help than feel free to reach out to me or any other member of this forum...best of luck...

• Like 1

--> My Thread

Recent result of 3000 grafts:

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

@A_4_Archan

Sorry to lean on you for yet more advice but I hoped you could give me your opinion on the differences i should expect when using a well respected but affordable doctor when compared to the more expensive ones. For example, I can see that the Thai surgeon you used has delivered great results at a much cheaper price than say, Dr Ferreira. Do you think my results would be much better if I went with Dr F? I've looked at pictures of multiple surgeons that are recommended and can't see any discernable difference in outcomes. Perhaps this is just down to my untrained eye. I guess I'm wondering whether I'm entering the world of diminishing returns once I get to the 3.5-4 euro per graft mark.

• Valued Contributor

@fenners

Don't be sorry brother and you can anytime approach me for any help and i will try to guide you with whatever i can

Yeh there be some difference ofcourse bt an untrained eye can't notice out the difference tht much....there will be more naturalness and finesse to it..

• Like 2

--> My Thread

3 hours ago, fenners said:

@A_4_Archan

Sorry to lean on you for yet more advice but I hoped you could give me your opinion on the differences i should expect when using a well respected but affordable doctor when compared to the more expensive ones. For example, I can see that the Thai surgeon you used has delivered great results at a much cheaper price than say, Dr Ferreira. Do you think my results would be much better if I went with Dr F? I've looked at pictures of multiple surgeons that are recommended and can't see any discernable difference in outcomes. Perhaps this is just down to my untrained eye. I guess I'm wondering whether I'm entering the world of diminishing returns once I get to the 3.5-4 euro per graft mark.

What Archan said is accurate. 

Also price doesn’t mean quality usually. It just means the surgeon is popular for whatever reason and just reacting to supply and demand. 

For example, the surgeon Archan went to delivered some spectacular results and he’s not alone, his patients usually have the same results. But he’s cheap compared to other doctors of same quality because he’s still relatively unknown. As he gets popular you will see his prices skyrocket.

Most European doctors also have to deal with expensive taxes and do well even in their own region without international patients because people just are relatively rich there and can afford expensive prices. 

In summary cheap doesn’t necessarily mean low quality and expensive doesn’t mean high quality. There’s so many posts here of proper botch jobs by US surgeons charging 20-30k - insanity

• Like 1