Shock Loss Timeframe

• Valued Contributor

It's more than likely shock loss that can take 3-4 months to grow back. Are you on minoxidil? If not and you are able to tolerate this then I recommend that you use it and stay on it. I can't tell what the chances of permanent shock loss are.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@TrixGlendevon

Shockloss is inevitable when you go for a fut even if you are on medication..but with medication you can narrow down the time frame and can make your hairs grow back earlier..so consult your doctor and try out oral minoxidil for this....

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Yeah the doctor said 3-4 months too. Was just wondering what other people's experience was. I am not on meds and not going to start them either. This is my second procedure and I do not remember the shockloss being this bad last time. There is some directly on the back around the scar which is barely noticeable and then the area in question. I don't care if it is temporary and can wait the 3-4 months (it has already been two months), I am slightly concerned it will be permanent shockloss though. It is quite a large area. Funnily enough, I had a very small area of shockloss in close to where it is now last time and this was permanent.