Repair surgery

Hi guys , just a question on repairs , iv spent the last 2 months chatting to top clinics and surgeons about repairs , has anyone on here had a successful repair where they remove the pluggy wrong angle grafts and replace them with fine single grafts in the same sitting  ? Iv probably spoken to 10+ doctors and only 3 have told him this can be done in the same sitting the others have told me this is not possible to do so I am a little confused at the moment just want to know if anyone on here has actually had this done ?

• Administrators

@HappyMan2021 @RTC have had repairs. As a repair patient though you have to understand that it may take two sessions. Doing it all at once may not be feasible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
13 hours ago, Teddy1927 said:

Hi guys , just a question on repairs , iv spent the last 2 months chatting to top clinics and surgeons about repairs , has anyone on here had a successful repair where they remove the pluggy wrong angle grafts and replace them with fine single grafts in the same sitting  ? Iv probably spoken to 10+ doctors and only 3 have told him this can be done in the same sitting the others have told me this is not possible to do so I am a little confused at the moment just want to know if anyone on here has actually had this done ?

This is perhaps the most common repair. As others have said this will take more than one sitting. There will be some grafts that will not be able to be extracted in the first sitting and you want to focus on minimizing scars. All the best.

5 hours ago, RTC said:

My advice - don't try to do it all in one sitting.

Two is better, it might even take three. Sucks but trust me.

Thanks mate , I seen you case with Mwamba and it’s made me rethink 

37 minutes ago, Teddy1927 said:

Thanks mate , I seen you case with Mwamba and it’s made me rethink 

If I could go back to the Mwamba surgery, I would have elected to first remove the wrongly-angled grafts, recycle them behind, then come back a few months later to use more from the donor and rebuild the hairline. It seems like the winning formula, as evidence by lots of Bisanga and Feriduni work.