2600+ Grafts with Dr Tejinder Bhatti

JacobG

After having great success with my 2019 transplant with Dr Bhatti in Chandigarh, I decided to track him down again to lower my hairline to a mid-life-crisis level.  I wanted it down quite low, in fact much lower than Bhatti was willing to go.  I was keen on having it beyond the standard parameters of the human face, and I was quickly told I'd probably look a bit strange, and if I frowned, my hair would move all over the shop!  Jokes aside, I just finished the procedure a few days ago. 

Before I start - I have noticed the few posts here that are quite critical of Dr Bhatti.  Naturally I'd chalk these up to negativity bias.  For every bad post, there's scores of happy humans, and it's important to remember this - even when reading a restaurant review!  

These experiences seem to be rooted (mind the pun) in expectation and communication.  I don't want to diminish the experience of others, nor be dismissive of their concerns.... But.   Before the procedure, you'll go through a thorough discussion about your expectations, and Dr Bhatti will draw all over your face and head - asking you if this is what you want.  This is your chance to be up front, and clear about your expectations, so he can explain to you what is, and isn't possible.

• You're in the process of creating the illusion of natural hair where it no longer is.  Make sure your expectations are that you'll have hair implants that are NOT the same density as the rest of your full areas of unaffected hair
  • The hairline shape (particularly around the face) is your call, with input from the doctor.  Obviously I didn't get my monkey-face wishes, but I think in retrospect I'll probably appreciate that advice 😝
  • The density is based on how much density you have available in the donor areas (hair/beard etc.) or how much you're willing to pay.  Don't complete a tiny session and expect density akin to a teenager's head
  • Don't measure your results as 100% by the first 4-7 months.  My hair kept getting thicker to about 18 months out, and this will likely vary from person to person
  • With my previous transplant, NO areas were patchy or missing bits, that is to say - the grafts stayed alive as planned and as transplanted (which reinforces the importance of the initial discussion and planning on where you want the hair to go)
  • IF transplanted grafts didn't survive and I was left with patches - then I'd know the doc wasn't great, but my recipient area from the last op was 100% fab
  • No doubt the doc will look to see where hair can be transplanted and compare it against that which is already growing.  I did see a chap's post here showing a patch where he wanted more, but I could see there was pre-existing hair there shaved down.  I can understand why if there were no grafts left, that it was left as is
  • The doctor's offer of coming back to go again across areas you feel weren't covered enough are an olive branch you probably wouldn't get from a good percentage of docs.  He could quite simply say 'this is what we could do with the grafts you had, and if you want more, you'll need to do a larger area', but in fact it seems he was pretty cool with a come back and let's sort out your expectations

Sorry to be a little too pro-Bhatti, but I've had a fantastic experience 4 years ago with him and his team, and have seen the incredible results from others.  I feel like the negative comments here are more akin to 'I accidentally dropped my phone in the ocean in the Maldives.  I suggest never going there to anyone'

I'll upload some pics soon.  I know that's probably the most important part of the entire post, but I'm waiting a few days for the swelling to go down.  Typical white guy here, I think my head is about 30% larger than it usually is, which will skew the perception of the transplanted shape.

More to come!

• Valued Contributor

@JacobG

Hi..good to see that you had such a wonderful experience with dr Bhatti both the times...i can understand what you trying to say...i believe there will be some cases where the outcome is not good and sometimes even the expectations lead to disappointment....

1 hour ago, JacobG said:

'I accidentally dropped my phone in the ocean in the Maldives.  I suggest never going there to anyone'

But i don't agree to this...i have also seen some genuine concerns many patients faced and that's why people started not to recommend him...but its a thing of past and i wish evrythng turns out well for you..will follow your journey closely....waiting for your pictures....best of luck brother ...Happy growing and keep updating ...

• Like 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

I had a good experience it must mean everyone else has wrong expectations or don’t understand how hair transplant works. 

That’s not how this works mate, you seem to be a shill

• Like 1

Its great you had a fantastic experience with him, but recently @Shadman shared his experience and results and unfortunately both were not good.

He was a recommended doctor over here few years back but then things when down the hill for him.

Anyways wish you luck

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

But i don't agree to this...i have also seen some genuine concerns many patients faced and that's why people started not to recommend him...

Yes, definitely there are some genuine concerns. It seems like he's trying to ignore all these genuine concerns just by saying "negativity bias"  If Dr. Bhatti is producing great result, then definitely it would be better for him and his patients. But that doesn't mean that it will erase all his past failed procedures.

12 minutes ago, Rawkerboi said:

Its great you had a fantastic experience with him, but recently @Shadman shared his experience and results and unfortunately both were not good.

He was a recommended doctor over here few years back but then things when down the hill for him.

Anyways wish you luck

Yes, brother, it was not just about the result it was a failed procedure in every possible ways. Doubles in the hairline, low density, hairline too low from glabella and most importantly donor fu**ed up completely by him, let's forget everything but I'll not forgive him for the over harvested  he did in my donor. If I would've enough grafts, I can still get the results from some other clinic. But from where I would manage grafts, If I don't have it ? 

It was after three months of the procedure. I've no words actually.

4F3EFE8B-E291-4700-979E-CA3CFE9F49B3.jpeg

• Like 2

@rsb $1.5 USD per graft, which if I recall correctly is the same as 2019 for my first procedure.

@Emiry You're free to think whatever you like, I'm not on Bhatti's payroll 😂 

@Shadman My full results really didn't show until about the 12-18 month mark.  I'm sorry you had a bad experience, and again I'm not dismissing your sentiments regarding Bhatti's work.  

@A_4_Archan Thanks for the reply.  Agree that genuine concerns should be considered, and that's the beauty of this forum - people can do their own research and make informed decisions.  I'm just acutely aware of negativity bias, where one is unhappy, they're empowered to go straight online and vent their frustrations or poor results.  The other side is they countless other people who have a successful procedure and vanish to live a normal life.  I went totally off the radar after my first procedure back in 2011 with Dr Radha.  The reason was simply that it was such a great job that I just got on with my life.  Probably a little selfish, but it all worked out, and being bald on top was a mere memory from years before.  

This last op was purely to bring the hairline down, since I wear it low and always have, I didn't want to have to think too much about styling it low.

Again.  Not being dismissive and I'm sure there have been some bad experiences for some, but I'm happy with my last results, and I'll keep y'all posted regarding the current procedure with photos when my head isn't the size of a watermelon.  I'll keep the updates going again until it just becomes normal life again and I fade off into the background.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JacobG said:

@rsb $1.5 USD per graft, which if I recall correctly is the same as 2019 for my first procedure.

@Emiry You're free to think whatever you like, I'm not on Bhatti's payroll 😂 

@Shadman My full results really didn't show until about the 12-18 month mark.  I'm sorry you had a bad experience, and again I'm not dismissing your sentiments regarding Bhatti's work.  

@A_4_Archan Thanks for the reply.  Agree that genuine concerns should be considered, and that's the beauty of this forum - people can do their own research and make informed decisions.  I'm just acutely aware of negativity bias, where one is unhappy, they're empowered to go straight online and vent their frustrations or poor results.  The other side is they countless other people who have a successful procedure and vanish to live a normal life.  I went totally off the radar after my first procedure back in 2011 with Dr Radha.  The reason was simply that it was such a great job that I just got on with my life.  Probably a little selfish, but it all worked out, and being bald on top was a mere memory from years before.  

This last op was purely to bring the hairline down, since I wear it low and always have, I didn't want to have to think too much about styling it low.

Again.  Not being dismissive and I'm sure there have been some bad experiences for some, but I'm happy with my last results, and I'll keep y'all posted regarding the current procedure with photos when my head isn't the size of a watermelon.  I'll keep the updates going again until it just becomes normal life again and I fade off into the background.  

Wow first procedure with Dr. Radha? 

I always wanted to go to her for my HT, but she was into FUT and her FUE work didn't had much feedback. 

She is no doubt good doctor but it's been years since any of our forum member had shared some feedback with her work

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

Wow first procedure with Dr. Radha? 

I always wanted to go to her for my HT, but she was into FUT and her FUE work didn't had much feedback. 

She is no doubt good doctor but it's been years since any of our forum member had shared some feedback with her work

I think she has already retired.  Not long after my procedure she finished up (I think).

• 3 weeks later...

In 20 days waiting for 9 months to finish so no one can say new hair will still grow..few doctors say wait 9 mths or 12 looking for excuses . But should have all grown  within  6-9mths  than only thicken after that. 

Propecia .5mg

1/2 tablet of hairscript formula