Hair turning white after HT

shadow_god

Dear members, 

I had recently undergone a HT to fix my hairline with over 2300 grafts. I am currently on Day-18. I am noticing some white hair here and there. Like 10-15 in the back. 5-6 in side hair and like that. Pre-HT, I had no white hair. what has caused my some of my hair turn white all on a sudden? 

What could I be doing wrong? Is it temporary or permanent thing ? How to stop this? 

Please help

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@shadow_god

If white grafts has been taken out from back and than implanted to the front thn they would grow white bt i don't think HT has any relation to the other grafts which are growing white...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

7 hours ago, shadow_god said:

Dear members, 

I had recently undergone a HT to fix my hairline with over 2300 grafts. I am currently on Day-18. I am noticing some white hair here and there. Like 10-15 in the back. 5-6 in side hair and like that. Pre-HT, I had no white hair. what has caused my some of my hair turn white all on a sudden? 

What could I be doing wrong? Is it temporary or permanent thing ? How to stop this? 

Please help

!! Same. I'm seeing the same after transplant. Don't know what could have caused it though. I didn't have any grey/white hair pre-transplant so it is odd that I started seeing them now all of a sudden. Not a whole lot though to bug me but I have seen them here and there. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@shadow_god

If white grafts has been taken out from back and than implanted to the front thn they would grow white bt i don't think HT has any relation to the other grafts which are growing white...

No.. Not in the receipient area. It's in native or surrounding area. Not transplanted ones. Mostly they are in the back or side 

5 hours ago, Chris T said:

!! Same. I'm seeing the same after transplant. Don't know what could have caused it though. I didn't have any grey/white hair pre-transplant so it is odd that I started seeing them now all of a sudden. Not a whole lot though to bug me but I have seen them here and there. 

I thought I was only one. I never had single white or grey hair. Now in past 15 days, I have close to 20 such hairs 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, shadow_god said:

I thought I was only one. I never had single white or grey hair. Now in past 15 days, I have close to 20 such hairs 

Yeah, I searched the board to see if anyone had previously report this but couldn't find anything. I just accepted it as maybe I'm just getting old (hah!) even though I had no grey hair prior. Mine are mostly in the back and sides, similar to you. It's really odd but I'm glad I'm not the only one. 

• Moderators

It could be that they took all darker hairs as they are easy to see, so now that you have much less dark hairs a few gray ones that you hadn't noticed before are showing up more. If you have 5 gray hairs and 9595 dark hairs you may not notice the gray ones. Take 5000 dark hairs out and you now have 5 gray and 4595 dark. With half of those dark ones gone the gray ones are more noticeable. I don't know if that's the issue. Just a thought.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Face Palm 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

11 hours ago, BeHappy said:

It could be that they took all darker hairs as they are easy to see, so now that you have much less dark hairs a few gray ones that you hadn't noticed before are showing up more. If you have 5 gray hairs and 9595 dark hairs you may not notice the gray ones. Take 5000 dark hairs out and you now have 5 gray and 4595 dark. With half of those dark ones gone the gray ones are more noticeable. I don't know if that's the issue. Just a thought.

No.. Lol. I had 2013 grafts taken out. There was nit even a single white hair prior to HR. Now I have 15-20 here and there

Never heard of that before or ever reported here on the transplant network.  Keep us posted.  If it number is nominal, I'm sure no one will notice.  Keep us posted.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.