3000 grafts with Dr. Kaan Pekiner

Hi!

My first post here) Sorry for mistakes in english, I am not native... Also it's my first post in english))

I booked procedure with Dr. Pekiner (sent 250$ via swift in late march 2023). Initial dates 31 aug, 1-2 sep. About a month ago dr's assistant wrote me that HT is postponing till early November. Still don't have exact dates.......

About me:

- 24 years

- 10 months on finasteride 1.25mg

- 19 months on minoxidil (rogaine)

- Bad genes: bald father

- Balding was in 19-20 during stressful period in university. Hairline didn't recover from that. Now all is stable.

Doctor quoted me 3000 grafts.

Before:

3000FRONTfinaessentialtomaintainmr202301copy.jpg.95368eb723ad36b5e00e9184c7a12efd.jpg

WhatsAppImage2022-11-25at15_38.17(1).thumb.jpg.cde910b29fe4a0a3432d9c8f76625d81.jpg

WhatsAppImage2022-11-25at15_38_17.thumb.jpeg.c5daa44de42b795917a77c2a27aebfb1.jpeg

WhatsAppImage2022-11-25at15_38_18.thumb.jpg.35c3a037114f23d02ffd2bb0f724701b.jpg

That's all for now. I will post updates after ht is performed)

4 hours ago, mxnprettynice said:

3,000 grafts is the perfect amount! Best of luck. Are you also planning to add some grafts to the temple points (the sides)

I was told that “Area 1, 2, 3 and partially 4 will be treated. [hairline, front and anterior mid scalp]

CBF3885B-14B7-4DFE-A438-341AAFB76B4F.jpeg

You chose well bro!

You’re going to come out ecstatic after the surgery InshaAllah ( God willing )

Dr Pekiner is the best and we are quite the lucky ones to get booking. I have a feeling he’s soon going to have extremely long waiting times. 

• 2 months later...

Hi

Had my procedure on 30-31 oct. Now healing at home. Every day there were 2 sessions of extraction and implantation, approximately 750 each. A total of 3002 grafts for two days.

Photos right after removing bandage 

IMG_8684-2.png

IMG_8733-2.png

photo_2023-11-06 23.18.35.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/27/2023 at 6:14 AM, FutureHT1208 said:

Did he have you take finasteride before booking in your procedure. And what was it like on the day what was the process?

It was my decision to start finsateride. I have very bad genetics with baldness...

Process wasn't a good experience. But it was surgery I think nobody likes that. I almost didn't feel anything when they were extracting/implanting grafts but anaesthesia was painful. And there was a lot of anaesthesia. Every day there were 4 sessions: extracting/implanting/extracting/implanting. Before each of that needed zone was anesthetized.  I didn't like these two days at all. Not to mention that my face looked like I have been bitten by bees.

1 hour ago, sheraleks said:

I didn't like these two days at all. Not to mention that my face looked like I have been bitten by bees.

Going to Pekiner in Feb here. When did the swelling begin and when has it ended? I plan to travel back just the day after the last day of my surgery. 

Cool 🤣. I have another question, You seem to have an almost perfect Vertex and Crown (which will probably be maintained since you are on Fin), i.e. your hair loss is limited to your frontal third and mid-scalp, why haven't you asked for a more aggressive hairline and maybe some work on the temples as well? like this guy in this video

31 minutes ago, Stilgar said:

Cool 🤣. I have another question, You seem to have an almost perfect Vertex and Crown (which will probably be maintained since you are on Fin), i.e. your hair loss is limited to your frontal third and mid-scalp, why haven't you asked for a more aggressive hairline and maybe some work on the temples as well? like this guy in this video

We have discussed it. He said that this is not a good decision because of young age (i am 24). Baldness may progress over the years and there will be no grafts to fix it.

• Well Done 1

• 3 weeks later...