Beard growth before hair restoration @eugenix

Hello all, looking forward to your advice. I am a Grade 6.5/7 and scheduled for a procedure at @Eugenix Hair Science in a month.

I have been getting differing guidance on how long to grow a beard - from 2 weeks to 3 days. I find beard growth very itchy and uncomfortable, so I prefer to keep it to fewer days but don't want to compromise on a great restoration. For those who have used a beard as a donor at Eugenix, how long did you need to grow for the procedure?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

3 hours ago, homebound said:

Hello all, looking forward to your advice. I am a Grade 6.5/7 and scheduled for a procedure at @Eugenix Hair Science in a month.

I have been getting differing guidance on how long to grow a beard - from 2 weeks to 3 days. I find beard growth very itchy and uncomfortable, so I prefer to keep it to fewer days but don't want to compromise on a great restoration. For those who have used a beard as a donor at Eugenix, how long did you need to grow for the procedure?

According to Eugenix instructions, you should avoid trimming or shaving beard at least 3 days prior of your procedure. 

@homebound

You should avoid Trimming or shaving beard 3 days prior to the procedure. 

Thank you for choosing Eugenix Hair Sciences. We're happy that you took the time to do the research and thankful at the same time for showing your trust in us. We look forward to seeing you at the time of your procedure. Please feel free to send us a personalized message in case of any further questions.

Warmest Regards
Eugenix Hair Sciences 

No problem.

They must have shortened the recommended time .... I'm sure I was told 7 days - I thought I was being a rebel shaving 6 days prior!

All the best if you go ahead with your procedure. 

• Valued Contributor
On 8/2/2023 at 1:53 PM, homebound said:

I grew mine for about two weeks both times.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davidf said:

No problem.

They must have shortened the recommended time .... I'm sure I was told 7 days - I thought I was being a rebel shaving 6 days prior!

All the best if you go ahead with your procedure. 

@Davidfdid you find that 6 days was enough to extract beard grafts?