Purchase minoxidil sulfate?

jim1973

It seems that unless Minoxidil converts to Minoxidil Sulfate, that it won't work.  That said, it seems that there used to be products in early and mid-2000s, that sold as Minoxidil Sulfate products but I don't see those advertised anymore.  If Minoxidil only works for those who have the needed enzyme to convert to Minoxidil Sulvate, why not just purchase and apply Minoxidil Sulfate directly to avoid the need for a specific enzyme that only 50% of people have?  Are there no existing products selling Minoxidil Sulfate?  

• Valued Contributor

@jim1973minoxidil sulphate has a way higher molecular weight and that's why there will be an absorption issue...so due to low absorption potential a higher concentration of minoxidil sulphate need to be used which can lead to other issues....

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

2 hours ago, jondoeuk said:

Tretinoin upregulates follicular sulfotransferase enzymes, which metabolise minoxidil to its active metabolite, minoxidil sulfate Tretinoin enhances minoxidil response in androgenetic alopecia patients by upregulating follicular sulfotransferase enzymes - Sharma - 2019 - Dermatologic Therapy - Wiley Online Library

Is anyone selling a good minox/tret foam or liquid?