Repair work , extraction of multi grafts

Hi guys trying to search for this answer on here but cant find it, im about to book in for a little repair work i need some multi grafts removed from hairline that are placed at wrong angles  , the question is can the new single grafts be put into the same hole to replace them ? Im speaking to 4/5 top surgeons some have said ill need to remove them and come back in 2 months to fill them in then others have told me (pekiner , saifi )they will extract the the wrong angled grafts and replace them with single fine grafts , does anyone know for sure what the correct answer is as i dont want to get out there and be told actually we can’t replace them today youll need to come back 🥴 

• Valued Contributor

Every doctor works differently and you should confirm this thing with the surgeon you choose for yourself 

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

There was a great case posted on here a few years back with hairline softening, though I can't find it doh. Typically the hairline is softened using finer calibre's hairs planted in-front of the coarser grafts. 

Do you have and photos of your hairline ??

1 hour ago, HairFunk said:

There was a great case posted on here a few years back with hairline softening, though I can't find it doh. Typically the hairline is softened using finer calibre's hairs planted in-front of the coarser grafts. 

Do you have and photos of your hairline ??

Yes they have offered this but i want them removed due to the angle on them i cant style my hair 

I have asked a few doctors this and most say it can be done, but some believe it's not optimal, as the hole that is made is quite large. I hope I'm remembering this correctly, but one said it can cause cobblestoning (or ridging).

I know Nader has done it in a complicated D**p repair case. Dr Laorwong also told me he could do it.

Edited by RTC
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Teddy1927 said:

the question is can the new single grafts be put into the same hole to replace them ?

Repairing bad angles is a pretty horrible process and can take upwards of 3 or even 4 procedures to remedy. Trust me, I am have had 3 repairs already for this issue.....

I am very sorry but no grafts cannot be placed in the same hole.

If that was the case, bad angle repair cases could all be done in one-go. But its alot more complicated than that. 

How many bad angles do you have? Is this a minor or severe case?

Before you embark on this repair journey, definitely understand and be educated on the timeline, costs, and sheer grit and determination that may be required. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Repairing bad angles is a pretty horrible process and can take upwards of 3 or even 4 procedures to remedy. Trust me, I am have had 3 repairs already for this issue.....

I am very sorry but no grafts cannot be placed in the same hole.

If that was the case, bad angle repair cases could all be done in one-go. But its alot more complicated than that. 

How many bad angles do you have? Is this a minor or severe case?

Before you embark on this repair journey, definitely understand and be educated on the timeline, costs, and sheer grit and determination that may be required. 

Yes this is why i asked the queation , it’s probably 20-30 that really need to go 

• Valued Contributor

This would have to be the most common hair transplant repair request. It can be done but just make sure you get to see a lot of before and after results from the surgeon you choose. Don’t skimp on price. Sage up if it is too expensive. Names like Dr Bisanga, Dr Sethi, Dr Mwamba and others come to mind. Also over time the scarring will improve. Wishing you all the best. 👌

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Depending on the spacing of the grafts you need removed, it may be possible to make new holes in between the old grafts that are being removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 7/10/2023 at 2:10 PM, BeHappy said:

Depending on the spacing of the grafts you need removed, it may be possible to make new holes in between the old grafts that are being removed.

Yeh this makes sense 

To be in safe side. 

First go to the doctor that extract bad angle garfts and implant them In another low density area. Then wait two months as the hole will be. Healed then go for surgeon that do slit in the right direction and angle. As implanting inside the old hole that has wrong angle is subject to another incorrect angle also.