Dr Rafael De Freitas | 3192 Grafts | 28th and 29th June 2023

Hi All

I have been following this forum for a couple of years and it really helped me with my decision on where to go for a hair transplant. I thought I would like to repay the favour and post some info on my recent surgery with Dr Freitas. So as a quick summary, my hair loss has been gradual, and not particularly severe, although I was very conscious of my receding hairline, particularly the 'widows peak' area, and some thinning on the crown. I started to take Finasteride x3 a week and Dutasteride x2 a week c18 months ago. For some time, I was speaking with various clinics before finally taking the plunge and booking with Dr Freitas. Some people questioned if I needed the hair transplant, but I had been conscious of it for a while, and felt it was the best choice for me to go ahead. All I can say is that after seeing the transplanted recipient area, I definitely made the correct choice, and I am super excited to see the results!
My hair loss was a NW2, and I was originally quoted for 2,700 grafts. I was told I would need the frontal areas and mid scalp doing, but I questioned this as my mid scalp area is dense with hair. On the day of my surgery, Dr Freitas also observed this was the case and suggested to increase the density of my crown area instead, which I was very happy with since this was one of my main concerns. So, all in all, exactly what I hoped for. In the end, I had nearly 3200 grafts (no extra charge).

The surgery was across two days starting in the early afternoon, the second day didn't finish until midnight due to an earlier complicated patient. Although it was a late one, I was impressed with the team’s dedication. They were all lovely, happy to answer any queries and provide reassurance. You are made to feel welcome and comfortable in your own 'waiting' room and provided food and snacks in the breaks. A number of the nurses can speak English, so speaking with Dr Freitas wasn't a problem as they translated everything. I also can speak a little Spanish, so this helped keep the convo going! The second day was longer and split into two sections of extractions and implants. The second stage was very painful as my head had swollen a lot from the first stage. Don't make the mistake I did and not take the red painkiller before the second stage!! (I misunderstood to take this when I arrived back at the hotel which made the second stage of extractions rather uncomfortable). The implants were also extremely painful as he was injecting into my very swollen forehead! After a tonne of anaesthetic, the pain settled down and I was more relaxed.

Anyway, please see some pics below of before, during and after! Happy to answer any questions.

Before:

11.thumb.jpg.11d681a58de9169872ee63cda6525d63.jpg10.thumb.jpg.4f7356d44690d1548d62a84fae7ac25b.jpg9.jpg.2326f9ad9a86e6542339a344ab7ec328.jpg13.thumb.jpg.1fc208b9bd37a6d0b556359515d1409b.jpg

During: 2.jpg.0f3d5dfb5cfe64649b2f3f2e234cb4e9.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.c3b7d719a9df2b7c5641f37bb389fe0b.jpg4.jpg.6861457ebad71adf69c15cf90158dede.jpg6.thumb.jpg.8c5bfc5065b22ef9f743dc3097d3c0e5.jpg3.thumb.jpg.4419535f89c692fa4fcafa89a963345b.jpg

After:

8.thumb.jpg.00f496e8719d7db52fbce35fbb28f0fb.jpg7.thumb.jpg.fe3e7a0f6c1ffa5da4978ddd1c0ec4a4.jpg1.thumb.jpg.f57e9a32e66022e2a080c3c4944d1ec7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

Well, that looks phenomenal, and to top it all off de Freitas offered almost 500 grafts more free of charge. You have to love that passion and search for perfection. Judging by your profile name you're probably coming from Germany or Austria. Can you describe process before operation in more detail, how long does it take to draw the correct hairline, did doctor take any measurements? 

There are no guarantees in the world of surgery but you've done your homework and now you'll reap the benefits, hopefully.

5 hours ago, Kraki77 said:

Well, that looks phenomenal, and to top it all off de Freitas offered almost 500 grafts more free of charge. You have to love that passion and search for perfection. Judging by your profile name you're probably coming from Germany or Austria. Can you describe process before operation in more detail, how long does it take to draw the correct hairline, did doctor take any measurements? 

There are no guarantees in the world of surgery but you've done your homework and now you'll reap the benefits, hopefully.

Hey.

Yeah I was very impressed with them! I am from the UK, randomly I started using this username when I was learning german at school and it's stuck since haha.

It took about 30 minutes or so to draw the hairline etc, he did measure it, and explained that it may look lop-sided because I had a bigger area to fill in on the right side of my hairline - but assured me it was even.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

You were under one of my favorite surgeon ...his hairline work is amazing..you will get a bice natural hairline with good density ..Happy growing and keep updating 

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Hey

Quick update, after following the hair washing routine all of the crust has now gone. I suppose I'll enjoy seeing the hair there for a few weeks before it all falls out during the shock phase!

Untitled.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey! Sorry for the delay in replying, I am very happy with the results. I have got used to it already! It's weird, as when I see myself in the mirror I don't immediately notice it anymore, but when I look back at photos even from when I was in my 20s the difference is clear! I think the density is pretty good, I imagined there would be more hairs on the hairline, but when I look back at the first photo post-op, I think the growth is as expected. Plus, I have another 5 months to go? Although I doubt/ wonder if it will get much better now?

thumbnail_IMG_8427.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8428.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8429.jpg