Should I try Finasteride again?

Hi guys,

I tried Finasteride tablets a couple of years ago (Proscar 5mg but cut into quarters) but I soon got sides - no libido and constant ED. I tried taking it every other day but it was the same. I then tried topical but it was the same. I then stopped using Fin and have been okay.

Lately though, I'm seeing the amazing HT results for Norwood 6s like myself from users like @Gatsby and tempted to try again. Is there any way do you think I can take Fin and overcome the sides or should I just realise it's not meant to be and try something like SMP instead. Would really appreciate your experienced input on this as it's driving me crazy 😂

Edited by Pinkyandthebrain

@Pinkyandthebrain,

You can certainly try taking finasteride again under the advice and guidance of a physician. However, just please note that if you experienced side effects the first time, he would likely experience that again.  You could consider trying a smaller dose this time around to offset the side effects or you could attempt taking  topical  finasteride instead of the oral finasteride. It may not be as effective, but it will also likely come with a reduced version of side effects if any.

Don’t forget also that nurse ride works best when used in conjunction with minoxidil. So if you do end up reducing the dosage of finasteride, the atom national might really help.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 7/6/2023 at 10:52 AM, Pinkyandthebrain said:

Hi guys,

I tried Finasteride tablets a couple of years ago (Proscar 5mg but cut into quarters) but I soon got sides - no libido and constant ED. I tried taking it every other day but it was the same. I then tried topical but it was the same. I then stopped using Fin and have been okay.

Lately though, I'm seeing the amazing HT results for Norwood 6s like myself from users like @Gatsby and tempted to try again. Is there any way do you think I can take Fin and overcome the sides or should I just realise it's not meant to be and try something like SMP instead. Would really appreciate your experienced input on this as it's driving me crazy 😂

I was in the same situation as you and started with topical finasteride the quickly changed to oral in prep for my HT. To my surprise I’m noticing an increase in libido this time around and no problem with ED. I’m wondering if any of the side effects are psychological because we’re anticipating them happening in the first place. If you give it a shot, stay optimistic. 

• Like 1