Is it worth getting my temporal peaks done if...

I'm going to see Dr. Nader in July to get my hairline softened and filled in. I tend to always cut my hair short. I don't care about my fue scars, people generally don't notice or don't care enough to comment on it.

Is it worth me "wasting" grafts in the temporal peak region if I am going to cut my hair short anyway? Would implanted hairs in this area even look good if I cut my hair short? Dr. said it's not necessary to achieve a natural result/ especially considering my hair style choice. Thoughts?

x3.png

x2.png

x1.jpg

I wouldn’t. What you currently have going looks pretty good and natural.
1. Temple’s don’t always look natural, mainly because natural hair in that region are typically very fine—which is very difficult to replicate.

2. It especially does not add much if you are anyways going to keep it like in the photo.

3. Save every last of your precious/finite donor hair for future needs in other areas.

Not saying that it is a bad idea if you really want it, but I wouldn’t do it if I was in the same situation.

• Thanks 1

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

• Valued Contributor

If you’re going to shave down the sides I don’t think it’s all that important. However if you’re going to soften the hairline then it will frame your face better I think. Ensure if you do think of doing modest temple points that it’s performed by a surgeon known for great, natural work in this area. All the best. 👍

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

@Greenlantern2020 I would say this is really a subjective thing..some may prefer good sharp temples and say it frames face very well ,some may like a bit of modification and some may ignore that and preserve the grafts...now my opinion would be something in between ..specially when you are keeping such a fade cut just a little bit of temple work is fine bt don't go over the board ....and i would say don't go on my opinion or anyone else's ...look at your face in mirror and try to figure out what will suit you as at the end you have to look at urself evryday and nt us...this is really a subjective thing...

And yeh very less number of doctors pull off good temples...so if you wish to do it than look at the temple work of ur surgeon and thn see if you like his work and if he can pull off yours or not...best of luck ...

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

10 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Greenlantern2020 I would say this is really a subjective thing..some may prefer good sharp temples and say it frames face very well ,some may like a bit of modification and some may ignore that and preserve the grafts...now my opinion would be something in between ..specially when you are keeping such a fade cut just a little bit of temple work is fine bt don't go over the board ....and i would say don't go on my opinion or anyone else's ...look at your face in mirror and try to figure out what will suit you as at the end you have to look at urself evryday and nt us...this is really a subjective thing...

And yeh very less number of doctors pull off good temples...so if you wish to do it than look at the temple work of ur surgeon and thn see if you like his work and if he can pull off yours or not...best of luck ...

This is such a thoughtful and well thought out answer. Very true! I appreciate this feedback!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 9:34 PM, YodaHead said:

I wouldn’t. What you currently have going looks pretty good and natural.
1. Temple’s don’t always look natural, mainly because natural hair in that region are typically very fine—which is very difficult to replicate.

2. It especially does not add much if you are anyways going to keep it like in the photo.

3. Save every last of your precious/finite donor hair for future needs in other areas.

Not saying that it is a bad idea if you really want it, but I wouldn’t do it if I was in the same situation.

Thank you for your positive feedback!