Dr Nadimi vs Dr Shapiro

Ant339

Hello, after a lot of research I'm hesitating between these 2 doctors for my HT. I included some pictures of my hair so I was wondering if either is better suited for what I'm working with (thin diffuse hairloss mostly at the front and top of head). I'm under the inpression Dr Nadimi is more expensive, is the price gap justified? Also I read Dr Shapiro implants in rows on reddit, can anyone validate that? He has a whole section on his website about how to make HT look natural so I'd find it surprising he implants in rows. I reached out to Nadimi and she suggestes 1500 grafts, as for Shapiro I haven't had a consultation yet. Any advice would be appreciated! 

Thanks! 

20230616_121043.jpg

20230616_120143.jpg

20230616_121122.jpg

Edited by Ant339

• Valued Contributor

Consult dr shapiro and than see what he has to say abt rows implantation and see how you feel abt his consultation....you already have lots of hairs on top so need to be cautious but both of them are enough skilled to do that....are you on medication ? I can see there is a thinning on your donor(though pics are often deceptive)..sometimes its better not to rush for a surgery and be on medication and other non surgical therapies for at least one year...

As far as doctor goes both of them are good doctors and you will not go wrong with any of them and you can use the search function and see all the results from both of them and thn choose the one whose results you like the most..cause this is a subjective thing and people will have two opinions abt it...so go for the one you yourself like the most and not i or others like

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators

They’re both excellent surgeons, I suggest looking up their reviews, speaking to past patients. Then, doing a video call will help you decide.

How to look up reviews 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

I am surprised that Nadimi quoted you at 1500 grafts. It is tough to tell because your hair is combed forward but I would put you at 2,500 at least. I know Nadimi is ultra-conservative in her graft numbers, and maybe she is worried about your donor supply, but I would check with Shapiro and ask him how many grafts he thinks you need. The number might be radically different. 

As for Nadimi vs Shapiro, these are my main 2 choices as well and I have done a ton of research on them. From what I gather,  Nadimi is more involved in your transplant than Shapiro would be. I am going to have a consultation with Shapiro myself but I have reached out to a few people that have had recent hair transplants at SMG and a few said that Josephitis is actually the guy who does the work--with much help from the techs. That isn't a bad thing--techs are involved in almost every procedure--but on your consultation I would ask for clarification on who will be doing the hairline, extractions, and incisions. The feeling I get after all my research is that you pay more for Nadimi and in exchange you get more of her time than you would from Josephitis or Shapiro.

Regardless--these are 2 excellent options. I am about to submit a request for a consultation with Nadimi soon. Did you get an idea on how long your wait time with her would be? 

Thanks for the advice! I just spoke with SMG this morning and they recommnded 1600-2000 grafts. I think I'll try oral minoxidil before getting a surgery. I got pretty similar impressions for both doctors. I was told by SMG that you can choose which surgeon does your transplant, so I only researched Ron. I wonder why some people are choosing Josephitis? As for waiting time with Nadimi, reception told me it's about 3 months to get a consultation, and then another 6 months for the surgery.

I had a hairline transplant done w Dr Shapiro in 2004 - it still looks amazingly natural.  Hairstylists get shocked when i tell them its not my original hairline

If you are concerned about hairlin, imo Dr Ron Shapiro is probably the only person i would want placing those incisions on my scalp

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------