Keser v pekiner

Originally wanted pekiner but cant get the dates unless i wait a year , keser has my date in december is he just as good as pekiner and just as much a safe bet as pekiner? Or is it worth waiting an extra 6 months ?

If it's a simple job I'd have no qualms at all going with Keser. He's quality. Pekiner is a bit cheaper and I've seen more versatile work from him (including BHT), but Keser is quality. I don't see a huge difference between them. Pekiner actually worked under Keser I believe, until he went to form his own clinic.

• Valued Contributor

Yeh i would repeat what RTC said...both are equally skilled and you won't go wrong with either of them...generally it's not a good idea to turn down your fav surgeon just due to date issues but as they both are equally skilled you can go with keser...i personally like keser very much and his hairlines are awesome ..best of luck

• Like 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Keser is a fine option.  But waiting 1 year is literally nothing.  You have your whole life to enjoy the transplant, trying to rush it a few months is a bad trade for not going to your #1 pick.

Check out my journey here:

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Keser is a fine option.  But waiting 1 year is literally nothing.  You have your whole life to enjoy the transplant, trying to rush it a few months is a bad trade for not going to your #1 pick.

^This

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Yeh he doesn't use it i think ..he wasn't using earlier but don't know about the status now..there are some guys who recently went with him and you can ask them abt it ..but infact i have seen dr zarev in some videos not using any kind of magnifiers while extraction..but all this guys obviously knows their job and are experienced enough to perform it properly....

• Thanks 1

--> My Thread

13 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

Yeh he doesn't use it i think ..he wasn't using earlier but don't know about the status now..there are some guys who recently went with him and you can ask them abt it ..but infact i have seen dr zarev in some videos not using any kind of magnifiers while extraction..but all this guys obviously knows their job and are experienced enough to perform it properly....

There's a difference between not using lupes for extractions, and not using microscopes for grafts sorting.

• Valued Contributor
8 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

There's a difference between not using lupes for extractions, and not using microscopes for grafts sorting.

Yeh but evryone doctor has their own way of doing surgery... We can question them if their results would suffer because of their way of doing things bt when we see their work is at par and not negatively effecting a patient's outcome thn its fine...

• Thanks 1

--> My Thread

17 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Yeh but evryone doctor has their own way of doing surgery... We can question them if their results would suffer because of their way of doing things bt when we see their work is at par and not negatively effecting a patient's outcome thn its fine...

From my understanding, it's impossible to catch all multi grafts without using microscopes, because you literally can't see them properly when the 2nd follicle is as tiny as they can be (just starting to grow).  On the other hand, there's nothing about nature of extractions that "requires" lupes, per say.  

• Valued Contributor
46 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

From my understanding, it's impossible to catch all multi grafts without using microscopes, because you literally can't see them properly when the 2nd follicle is as tiny as they can be (just starting to grow).  On the other hand, there's nothing about nature of extractions that "requires" lupes, per say.  

I don't know the technique of dr keser..never had any conversation about that with him so i can't speak on behalf of him...thats why i earlier said that we can question it if he is geting it wrong(poor outcomes) but when he is producing good results from such a long time than he is managing this things with something of his own..like dr zarev is extracting more than 10k grafts from a nw7 patient which we would think can never be possible as the total amount of donor grafts of nw7 will be around 12k-15k ,but still he is doing it 

Magnification during extraction helps to extract more healthy grafts comparatively and specially it provides great help when there is low color contrast between hairs and scalp and help to see the angles in a better way..even a doctor can chery pick grafts (singles ,doubles and multiples) according to the requirements so that later on they don't need to do more of silvering to get the singles which will lead to more trauma to the grafts ..

--> My Thread