Clinic suggestions as a NW6-7

On 6/22/2023 at 2:31 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

i dont think you will get sufficient density with 4k grafts

if i was you id either go with

1. zarev

2. pittella

3. eugenix

the first 2 are out of your budget so eugenix it is

Eugenixes package I quote above. Is the package with the Senior surgeons something worth going for? Or are people always just talking about Dr. Sethi?

On 6/22/2023 at 2:13 PM, BeHappy said:

My beard looked a lot like yours and I was able to get over 3300 grafts from it.

May I ask where u went to get ur HT done?

Dr. Yaman also answered btw, he says:

After carefully examining and considering all photos and information mentioned at your messages, Dr. Resul Yaman recommends for your operation about; 2 sessions 
 First session 4500 grafts
Second session(9 months after the first one) 2500 grafts. Your donor area looks good. When you get this operation done your frontal hairline will be recreated with single grafts to receive a natural look and we will reach healthy density on frontal area.

Would be awesome to get some more.inout from you guys especially regarding Eugenixes packages. Yaman is also decent for higher NW ive heard?

Thanks alot everyone. Btw I dont expect to have hair like it's not even visible that im balding. I just want to have as much as hair as possible so that I can feel confident atleast to let it grow again and have a normal hair style so to speak.

Based on your pics, I'd go with decent density in the front and mid-scalp with a more conservative hairline (meaning a bit higher than the line you drew). And on the crown a somewhat lower density. A slightly balding crown won't look weird when you get older.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ST91 said:

Based on your pics, I'd go with decent density in the front and mid-scalp with a more conservative hairline (meaning a bit higher than the line you drew). And on the crown a somewhat lower density. A slightly balding crown won't look weird when you get older.

Eugenixes actually drew that one and I believe they wanted to skip the crown fornthe first surgery. I do agree though, I dont mind too much if my crown isnt as sense. I gotta work with what I have left.

Sorry but any chance someone could enlighten me if when people recommend Eugenix, that they're talking about the clinic in general or always just Dr. Sethi?

1. Comprehensive Package 
Procedure Lead By – Eugenix HT Doctors
Cost Per Graft – INR 75 + Tax
Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Eugenix HT Doctor and further assisted by our Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor
Value Added Benefits - Hotel stay and food available at discounted rates on request, based on availability. This facility is available only in Gurgaon.

2. Exclusive Package
Procedure Lead By – Senior Eugenix HT Doctors 
Cost Per Graft – INR 120 + Tax
Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Senior Eugenix HT Doctor and further assisted by our Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor
Value Added Benefits - Complimentary two nights’ accommodation with airport pick up and drop off. Seven days post-op medication will be provided by us.

3. Premium Package with Dr Priyadarshini Das
Procedure Lead By – Dr Priyadarshini Das 
Cost Per Graft – INR 210 + Tax
Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Dr Priyadarshini Das and further assisted by our Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor.
Value Added Benefits - Complimentary two nights’ accommodation with airport pick up and drop off. Seven days post-op medication will be provided by us.

4. Super Premium Package with Dr Arika Bansal/Founding Surgeon
Procedure Lead By – Dr Arika Bansal
Cost Per Graft – INR 350 + Tax
Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Dr Arika Bansal and further assisted by our Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the doctor.
Value Added Benefits - Complimentary three nights’ accommodation with airport pick up and drop off. Seven days post-op medication will be provided by us.

5. Dr. Pradeep Sethi’s Flagship Package
Procedure Lead By – Dr Pradeep Sethi
Cost Per Graft – INR 500 + Tax
Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Dr Pradeep Sethi and further assisted by our Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the doctor.
Value Added Benefits - Complimentary three nights’ accommodation with airport pick up and drop off. Seven days post-op medication will be provided by us.

Those are the packages they offer. I was wondering if the exclusive package is fine or not?

Welcome dear fellow nw6/7 brother! We have a similar pattern. In our situation we cant afford to do any slipups. Save money and maximise your chances to get it right the first time. It it messed up the first time, it will be more expensive in the longrun. Also i dont wanna think about the potential mental consequenses of trying to save a buck and get slaughtered. Best of luck brother. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 9:08 PM, Gatsby said:

If you are Norwood 7 then Dr Pitella would be my first choice. Also Dr Sethi and Dr Zarev. All the best. 👍

@Gatsby curious to know what makes you pick Pittella first and then Sethi and Zarev?

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, JCPS said:

@Gatsby curious to know what makes you pick Pittella first and then Sethi and Zarev?

I like them all equally and I don’t favor one over another. Dr Sethi did an incredible job on me. Dr Pittella turns out a lot of great Norwood 7 results and in interviews he seems like a great guy. Dr Zarev has shown some great results. I spent two over years in conversation with Dr Sethi before my first surgery and he knew how much my hairline scar bothered me. I don’t believe the other surgeons would have brought my hairline down as low as Dr Sethi did so that it covered my hairline scar. It was a huge leap of faith for me despite all the many years I had spent researching. I just ‘clicked’ with Dr Sethi and I was right. You will need to do a LOT of research as a Norwood 7 and be very specific in what your exact goals are. For myself hiding my frontal scar was as important as restoring my hair. Everyone has specific goals in mind. All the best. 

• Valued Contributor

If i were you than i would take very conservative approach for my hairline and make it lot higher than suggested and would preserve the grafts for a bit more density..more density with high hairline will look better than low hairline but less overall density...if you do a high hairline and give a bit more density to your mid scalp than it will look better plus using a bit of hair fibres will make it even better...

This will even cover more scalp..and than you will be left with i guess around 800 to 1000 beard grafts for future and may be 500-700 scalp grafts if there is some donor left of if you over harvest a bit in some homogeneous way so again you could have a 2nd session of approx 1500 grafts(beard+scalp) for crown 

One thing which is favourable in your case is that your head shape is getting narrower as it approaches crown and that is a real bonus as you will need less grafts at the back portion..so even if you will use less grafts at the back portion than too you will get a decent density 

Screenshot_20230627-141918__01__01__01__01.thumb.jpg.cdce9bff2e9c94be1e7d4087955d20c7.jpg

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

2 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

If i were you than i would take very conservative approach for my hairline and make it lot higher than suggested and would preserve the grafts for a bit more density..more density with high hairline will look better than low hairline but less overall density...if you do a high hairline and give a bit more density to your mid scalp than it will look better plus using a bit of hair fibres will make it even better...

This will even cover more scalp..and than you will be left with i guess around 800 to 1000 beard grafts for future and may be 500-700 scalp grafts if there is some donor left of if you over harvest a bit in some homogeneous way so again you could have a 2nd session of approx 1500 grafts(beard+scalp) for crown 

One thing which is favourable in your case is that your head shape is getting narrower as it approaches crown and that is a real bonus as you will need less grafts at the back portion..so even if you will use less grafts at the back portion than too you will get a decent density 

Screenshot_20230627-141918__01__01__01__01.thumb.jpg.cdce9bff2e9c94be1e7d4087955d20c7.jpg

Thanks for ur input. The picture I've posted was von Eugenix btw. I didnt draw that one myself.

Again tho, anyone has any ideas of the 2. package with "Senior Eugenix HT Doctors" and being able to have Dr Priyadarshini Das involved in the planning is worth it?

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, Macpod said:

Thanks for ur input. The picture I've posted was von Eugenix btw. I didnt draw that one myself.

Again tho, anyone has any ideas of the 2. package with "Senior Eugenix HT Doctors" and being able to have Dr Priyadarshini Das involved in the planning is worth it?

Can't comment on that as haven't seen enough results of the doctors involved in that package....there are 2-3 people who have posted their journey with dr somesh(120rs package) but they are still at an early stage so have to wait for few more months to see their end results...so that's a call you have to take after comparing other options you have..

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

15 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I like them all equally and I don’t favor one over another. Dr Sethi did an incredible job on me. Dr Pittella turns out a lot of great Norwood 7 results and in interviews he seems like a great guy. Dr Zarev has shown some great results. I spent two over years in conversation with Dr Sethi before my first surgery and he knew how much my hairline scar bothered me. I don’t believe the other surgeons would have brought my hairline down as low as Dr Sethi did so that it covered my hairline scar. It was a huge leap of faith for me despite all the many years I had spent researching. I just ‘clicked’ with Dr Sethi and I was right. You will need to do a LOT of research as a Norwood 7 and be very specific in what your exact goals are. For myself hiding my frontal scar was as important as restoring my hair. Everyone has specific goals in mind. All the best. 

Thanks @Gatsby, I appreciate your insight. It’s very helpful to hear first hand accounts!

• Like 1

So I just had my webcam consultation with Dr. Somesh from Eugenix and I'll prolly go with him, not 100% decided yet as I need to sleep over it and look at my options. The people there seem really nice and they're saying that we will go for 3500-4500 grafts in the first session while skipping the crown and then a few months later we do another 2000-3000 grafts probably for the crown. It's quite more expensive than Dr. Gur but I definitely need hair from my beard as well.

Dr. Somesh also said that its totally fine to take the vast majority of beard grafts from my lower chin area because I wet shave that area anyways.

I also got a new picture with a hairline he drew and would like to hear some opinion of you guys. I've read that 8cm is a normal height for a hairline and from what I can tell when I use a measurement band even the conservative hairline seems to be at around that range if I'm measuring it correctly. 

Thoughts?

ApplicationFrameHost_ES5rtv39fR.png

i_view64_jKXNB95cK3.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Macpod said:

So I just had my webcam consultation with Dr. Somesh from Eugenix and I'll prolly go with him, not 100% decided yet as I need to sleep over it and look at my options. The people there seem really nice and they're saying that we will go for 3500-4500 grafts in the first session while skipping the crown and then a few months later we do another 2000-3000 grafts probably for the crown. It's quite more expensive than Dr. Gur but I definitely need hair from my beard as well.

Dr. Somesh also said that its totally fine to take the vast majority of beard grafts from my lower chin area because I wet shave that area anyways.

I also got a new picture with a hairline he drew and would like to hear some opinion of you guys. I've read that 8cm is a normal height for a hairline and from what I can tell when I use a measurement band even the conservative hairline seems to be at around that range if I'm measuring it correctly. 

Thoughts?

ApplicationFrameHost_ES5rtv39fR.png

i_view64_jKXNB95cK3.jpg

Well before finalizing my HT with Eugenix, I also had a video consultation with Dr. Somesh. A great surgeon. Always prioritizes concerns of the patients. Moreover, those technician who are involved are highly qualified. The know what they're doing. At the end of the day, it is a team work.I recently had my repair procedure in Eugenix. And to answer your question, Lower chin beard grafts would be a good option, And for hairline looking at the your Norwood scale I personally think 8cm would be perfect. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Little update, I reserved an appointment for November 2024 at Eugenix. Cant make it early next year with vacation so its gonna have to wait a year. I did however just start RU58841 and hopefully it helps with some regrowth as well.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Macpod said:

Little update, I reserved an appointment for November 2024 at Eugenix. Cant make it early next year with vacation so its gonna have to wait a year. I did however just start RU58841 and hopefully it helps with some regrowth as well.

Are you on minoxidil as well? Is there any reason why you chose RU over fin or dut?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Are you on minoxidil as well? Is there any reason why you chose RU over fin or dut?

I'm using dutasteride and minoxidil as well but looking at /r/tressless there is quite a few miracles with RU58841 despite people being on dutasteride. One dude in particular had significantly more progress with RU58441 in 2months than with dutasteride for 9months so I'll give it a try.

Edited by Macpod
  • Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Macpod said:

I'm using dutasteride and minoxidil as well but looking at /r/tressless there is quite a few miracles with RU58841 despite people being on dutasteride. One dude in particular had significantly more progress with RU58441 in 2months than with dutasteride for 9months so I'll give it a try.

Ok thats a good stack then, since stops DHT by a different mechanism.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.