A gap has appeared in my hairline at week 3

Hoping to get feedback about a break in my hairline that has appeared at week 3.

Hairline at day 10:

image.png.5e7b9a606b3d5586b270e99a594b3f5f.png

Days 14 and 18:

image.thumb.jpeg.60cc095ce80c759c3f7007257295b252.jpeg

Day 21:

image.thumb.jpeg.615dc274f22be7b3a9b91244980ea7b9.jpeg

Is this a focal area where follicles just didn't survive or could it be early shedding? Any similar experiences would be appreciated. Recovery can feel quite isolating at times.

by week 7,8 there maybe lot less hair due to shedding phase. Its just a phase, so relax and wait for results , if you dont see much shed and are lucky then results might come sooner else it starts to come by month 6 onwards till 1 year mark.

Edited by duckling
  • Like 1

• Moderators

It's about to get a lot worse.

• Head Bang 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

I like the hairline design with that widows peak shape. It's much better than the seemingly standard straight line that too many Drs create. Even when they stagger a few hairs they still make it too much of a straight line across. This one looks very good.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

6 hours ago, consequence said:

Alrighty then, good times. Was kinda hoping I'd be in that tiny minority of people that experiences no shed but I guess my ass is just basic.

Appreciate the feedback. 

Try to assume the worst when it comes to timelines. It's better and you stress less.

After my surgery I do fully expect to lose all transplanted folicles after a couple of weeks as an example. Then expect nothing to come back until you hit 4 months and when it does happen expect the hairs to come hack very thin and wispy. 

I would only start expecting real change between months 5 and 6 though timelines differ and sometimes there are late bloomers.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Would repeat the same thing as evryone else said that this is the normal thing and its called shedding...this is long wait my friend ...i would say follow your doctor's advice regarding medication and other post op care and try looking at the mirror with your scalp excluded for few more months which will make you less anxious and just take some monthly pictures to update yourself and your thread and the forum 😊

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023