Hair transplant 7 months progress

bald

It has been seven months since I had a FUE transplant with 2000 grafts on my crown area, but I have not noticed any significant hair growth. I'm concerned that the procedure may not have been successful. Is there any chance that I will see improvement in the future, or should I come to terms with the possibility of never having a full head of hair and consider shaving it off?

167CC5F1-1047-4956-AE07-451CD3CC23A3.jpeg

AAD5801E-8AE2-48FB-BE3C-EB4340109954.jpeg

A3BF38AA-4092-4BB7-BE9C-76280A2BD5D1.png

15 minutes ago, ITA said:

Are the first two pics  after the procedure and the last one before the procedure?

Yes. First two pics are the current pics at 7 month. 

Well there has clearly been some growth in the crown area judging by your pictures. And there may be more in the future: the crown always takes a bit longer to fill in. 

it definitely looks better than before. Its not filled in completely yes but its going to take more time. for frontal and mid area itself people wait 1 year and for crown its more months of wait.

keep updating your progress pics.

• Valued Contributor

As others have said, there's definitely been progress and the general school of thought is that the crown can take longer to really fill in and mature. In any case, most HT's are not a 'one and done' thing, and almost all cases can benefit from a second pass. So not only have you got at least another 5 months to go, but you may be able to enhance the result further with a smaller touch up at some point in the future.

Which clinic did you go to?

Thank you for the kind words folks. I would not like to mention the clinic name at this point as I have seen it biases peoples opinions about the results. I will make a detailed post about the procedure giving back to the community once I have accepted my results. 

49 minutes ago, bald said:

Thank you for the kind words folks. I would not like to mention the clinic name at this point as I have seen it biases peoples opinions about the results. I will make a detailed post about the procedure giving back to the community once I have accepted my results. 

Sad, but true: people are biased. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Was the front transplanted before? Or is that still your natural front? That matters because if you haven't transplanted that area yet, you don't want to put too many grafts into the crown and not have enough left for the frontal 3rd once that all falls out.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

7 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Was the front transplanted before? Or is that still your natural front? That matters because if you haven't transplanted that area yet, you don't want to put too many grafts into the crown and not have enough left for the frontal 3rd once that all falls out.

Yes the frontal part is transplanted and as you can see in the photos itself very low density transplant done by some local clinic. I thought I will not make the same mistake so went to a reputed clinic popular on this forum for the crown transplant. But I am facing the same results again.

• Moderators

It looks like decent growth for 2000 grafts at 7 months. A crown that size would need more that that to look full. It should still improve a bit over the next few months, but you need to realize you would be a NW 6 without hair transplants. I'm not sure how many grafts you thought it would take have a full looking head of hair, but at NW 6 it may not be possible to do. You are probably going to need a total of 8,000 to 10,000 grafts total. This is something you should have known before you started. I'm guessing you've had around 5,500 done so far. That's just a guess. I don't know how many went into the front.

Do you have decent beard hair? You could use 2,000 beard grafts to fill in the crown and midscalp if you have a good beard.

ScreenShot2023-06-19at7_54_51AM.png.55d92205602cdcb25d94706f923d5a61.png

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 2:07 PM, BeHappy said:

It looks like decent growth for 2000 grafts at 7 months. A crown that size would need more that that to look full. It should still improve a bit over the next few months, but you need to realize you would be a NW 6 without hair transplants. I'm not sure how many grafts you thought it would take have a full looking head of hair, but at NW 6 it may not be possible to do. You are probably going to need a total of 8,000 to 10,000 grafts total. This is something you should have known before you started. I'm guessing you've had around 5,500 done so far. That's just a guess. I don't know how many went into the front.

Do you have decent beard hair? You could use 2,000 beard grafts to fill in the crown and midscalp if you have a good beard.

ScreenShot2023-06-19at7_54_51AM.png.55d92205602cdcb25d94706f923d5a61.png

Nice cosmetic difference overall. Are you taking any preventative medication ?