1800 grafts today at Dr. Pan’s office in LA

14 hours ago, percahontas said:

the front part of the fue is where my frontal lock/widow peak started. although it was over 50% thinning

do you have any pre-op pics ? either in clinic or before that will also do. just to see how much existing hair you had there.

1800 seems about right if you had some existing hair but otherwise may fall a little short in density . its a standard hairline for a nw3. you have been given a nw2 hairline with no temples due to low graft count. (conservative approach, which is good)

good luck for new hairline ! and do update about medication details if you take any?

Just now, duckling said:

do you have any pre-op pics ? either in clinic or before that will also do. just to see how much existing hair you had there.

1800 seems about right if you had some existing hair but otherwise may fall a little short in density . its a standard hairline for a nw3. you have been given a nw2 hairline with no temples due to low graft count. (conservative approach, which is good)

good luck for new hairline ! and do update about medication details if you take any?

i got plenty in my previous posts but i’ll add some here that were before they shaved an inch above my original hairline. 

5536481B-AC4E-4D9C-97F2-FC174CBE90E2.jpeg

3917D032-1B31-4370-895F-144BE14146B4.jpeg

Just now, percahontas said:

i got plenty in my previous posts but i’ll add some here that were before they shaved an inch above my original hairline. 

5536481B-AC4E-4D9C-97F2-FC174CBE90E2.jpeg

3917D032-1B31-4370-895F-144BE14146B4.jpeg

also dr. pan said my temples are at a strong point and not receeded so not necessary to touch them. i gave him the okay to go up to 2k grafts if needed throughout surgery but he said it wasn’t. he gave me 12 grafts on the house lol 1812 total

Just now, percahontas said:

also dr. pan said my temples are at a strong point and not receeded so not necessary to touch them. i gave him the okay to go up to 2k grafts if needed throughout surgery but he said it wasn’t. he gave me 12 grafts on the house lol 1812 total

the main talking i remember was about the single hair grafts. there was a diagram on the whiteboard next to me with all the counting 

8ED21E75-7280-40B4-BDC9-D781C7611911.jpeg

yep you had lot of existing hair. 1800 should be enough. and your temples are straight yes, so its fine not to create them or go aggressive. they dont look receeded.

for hairline you need lot of single grafts to give natural look so maybe it tough for them to find, if you had lot of multi hair grafts available.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Update?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 7 months later...
On 6/13/2023 at 6:21 PM, percahontas said:

also guys they did a partial shave and shaved about an inch and a half. the front part of the fue is where my frontal lock/widow peak started. although it was over 50% thinning

How much did they charge for 1800? I’m in the exact same boat as you.