African hair transplant suggestions

Hey y’all,

First time poster here. I noticed my hair loss first around 2018, and ever since then, it’s only got worse. It got so bad that I got on fin almost 2yrs ago, and have finally decided to get a HT. I’ve had a consultation with Natural solutions in Florida. They say they specialize in Afro hair and over 80% of their patients are Afro Americans. They also stated that FUT was better for Afro Americans than FUE and that is their recommendation. As well they don’t count or charge per graft like most other places, apparently it’s a case by case basis, based on the amount of work needed I suppose. I wanted to see if I could get some recs on whether what they say about Fut vs FUE for Afro Americans is true. Also are they a good clinic or are there others I should be consulting instead? Thank you for any suggestions or advice. 

Edit: does anyone have any idea around how many grafts I would need? Thank you.

IMG_7943.jpeg

Edited by Sherlockhomes

• Valued Contributor

Bisanga, Mwamba, etc. Do a search on the forum for Afrocentric hair transplant results. I don’t know if you are on meds but you might want to consider Finasteride (I’m not a doctor). With a diffuse pattern you may benefit. All the best. 

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Bisanga, Mwamba, etc. Do a search on the forum for Afrocentric hair transplant results. I don’t know if you are on meds but you might want to consider Finasteride (I’m not a doctor). With a diffuse pattern you may benefit. All the best. 

Yea I saw them but it looks like these guys are out of the country. 

10 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

They are in Belgium flight isn’t bad I went for mine about 9 hrs 

My view is, if it’s gonna cost about as much as the us surgeons, i might as well do it here and save on the flight/time. 

Edited by Sherlockhomes

if you go for fut you could consider hattingen in switzerland, hasson/wong in vancouver, bloxham in nyc or saifi in poland

in general european surgeons are cheaper

some people say fut is better for afro hair because with fue more hairfolicles could get damaged through the extraction process

if you look at the different hairtypes you can that with kinky/curly hair the hairroot doesnt really is just vertical below the hair. hence it gets more easily damaged when the hairfolicles get punched out compared to straight hair. the surgeon cant see where/how the hairroot is growing (its under the skin) but apparently experienced surgeon can still guess it 

spacer.png

Edited by mr_peanutbutter

On 6/10/2023 at 2:52 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

if you go for fut you could consider hattingen in switzerland, hasson/wong in vancouver, bloxham in nyc or saifi in poland

in general european surgeons are cheaper

some people say fut is better for afro hair because with fue more hairfolicles could get damaged through the extraction process

if you look at the different hairtypes you can that with kinky/curly hair the hairroot doesnt really is just vertical below the hair. hence it gets more easily damaged when the hairfolicles get punched out compared to straight hair. the surgeon cant see where/how the hairroot is growing (its under the skin) but apparently experienced surgeon can still guess it 

spacer.png

I appreciate that detailed breakdown. I had a consultation with natural transplants in Florida today. The doctor, Siegel, basically said the same things you said and recommended FUT as the better option for my hair texture. Dr Wong said he/she feels a hair restoration is premature and not in my best interest right now. I have a few more consultations with dr Arocha, Dr Linkov, and Dr Vories. I’m also going to try and get a consultation with Dr Bissanga and see what he says.