barber shaved my transplanted temples, will this have any affect ?

I had my hair transplant on may 7th and went to barber today, I told him to use machine number 1 on my side burns and he went all the way up to my transplanted temples. Will this have any affect ? should I be worried ? please help

no effect on HT results. its just your hair strands thats trimmed and by 1 month hair follicles underneath are well secured. Hair strand getting trimmed also doesnt matter anyways as you would have shed most of them by next few weeks. 

• Like 1

@tudare,

Don’t worry, there will be no negative effects on your hair transplant.  7 to 10 days after hair transplant surgery, the hair follicles are fully secured underneath the surface of the scalp and are essentially just like the rest of your natural hairs. As a result, cutting them or even shaving them won’t do any damage to the hair folliclesvunderneath the surface of the scalp and therefore, the hair will grow back.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

I actually had this same anxiety myself a few months ago. I was 4 months post-op and my barber used a straight razor to shave off some transplanted grafts for some reason. I was really nervous about it and was wondering if that would damage the grafts. 

As nerve-wracking as it may be, you just have to understand that grafts/follicles are underneath the skin. Nothing that happens above the skin would affect the grafts, including shaving the grafts to the skin. 

What type of idiots would cut or shave areas that you did not request?…😟

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY