NW 5? Best Transplant Option in Istanbul?

Hello,

I am 31 year old, been losing hair for 10 years, not on any medications, I used Minoxidil in the past for a year or two and had no problem but I stopped and when I got back I had an allergic reaction and stopped it. I don’t want to use a DHT blocker. 

I am living in Istanbul, so I am looking for surgeons in Istanbul.

I have read many reviews here but I am still torn between some names.

The doctor doing the procedure or most of it is important to me.

Dr. Bicer is out of my budget. Dr. Yaman, Dr. Gur, Dr. Turan and others had good results but I cannot decide. Estenove had a nice result on someone I know but I read here any center like that could be a “hair mill”.

I don’t want to travel somewhere else.

I don’t mind having another surgery in the future. Would appreciate your input about a plan for my transplant, number of grafts, where to transplant first, and the recommended surgeons.

Thank you in advance.

IMG_3305.jpeg

IMG_3306.jpeg

IMG_3307.jpeg

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3309.jpeg

Edited by AB.91

• Valued Contributor

Dr gur would be better in a budget segment in turkey...

But if your hairloss is not stabilised than you will always keep on chasing hairs...you either with medication or naturally it has to get stable otherwise your will implant more and more hairs and you will keep on loosing even more than you implanted ....thats the ugly truth about hairloss ...but there are some people whose hairloss gets stable natural at a certain point...

So i would say you may go to dr gur for a in person consultation and see what he advice you..and you can also go per consultation with dr bicer even if you can't afford surgery with her bt you cn afford just a consultation....take opinion of both and them as they both are ethical doctors ...

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

1 hour ago, A_4_Archan said:

Dr turan would be better in a budget segment in turkey...

But if your hairloss is not stabilised than you will always keep on chasing hairs...you either with medication or naturally it has to get stable otherwise your will implant more and more hairs and you will keep on loosing even more than you implanted ....thats the ugly truth about hairloss ...but there are some people whose hairloss gets stable natural at a certain point...

So i would say you may go to dr gur for a in person consultation and see what he advice you..and you can also go per consultation with dr bicer even if you can't afford surgery with her bt you cn afford just a consultation....take opinion of both and them as they both are ethical doctors ...

Thank you for replying.

I understand that and I might use Minoxidil but I don’t want something that might affect my testosterone as that will drop by nature.

What makes Turan better than Gur or Yaman?

• Valued Contributor
6 minutes ago, AB.91 said:

Thank you for replying.

I understand that and I might use Minoxidil but I don’t want something that might affect my testosterone as that will drop by nature.

What makes Turan better than Gur or Yaman?

Yeh its your decision to not take the dht blocker...

Sorry i need to edit tht msg..i wanted you to consult dr gur and dr bicer .i mistakenly type dr turan in place of dr gur....sorry for that

So imo you can consult dr gur and dr bicer and see what they advice you..and thn for surgery you can go to dr gur ...he is one of the best in a budget category...thts just my opinion ..

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

50 minutes ago, AB.91 said:

Finasteride is known to have the oposite effect in fact. I just had my local blood tests back for my upcoming surgery and it showned me that I had my testosterone slightly higher then the normal range and I have been on medication for 3 years, this is my fourth.

Of course check with a doctor/surgeon but I think you should seriously consider meds because as Archan sayed, they will not just help you to protect your native hair but also enhance your results. 

2 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Finasteride is known to have the oposite effect in fact. I just had my local blood tests back for my upcoming surgery and it showned me that I had my testosterone slightly higher then the normal range and I have been on medication for 3 years, this is my fourth.

Of course check with a doctor/surgeon but I think you should seriously consider meds because as Archan sayed, they will not just help you to protect your native hair but also enhance your results. 

I will look more into that. Thanks.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Dr. Pekiner is one of the best surgeons near Istanbul.

I don’t think I can afford him, read somewhere he is 2.7 euros per graft.

I would not recommend any surgery without trying finasteride or DUT with oral Minoxidil first 1 year and then reassess. Your crown is going really far down to your donor area and your donor area is not the best either. Is better to shave down rather than go with surgery without medication in your case. That will at least give you peace in your life than getting disaster result in 10 years from now 

Edited by Ajamilo

36 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

I would not recommend any surgery without trying finasteride or DUT with oral Minoxidil first 1 year and then reassess. Your crown is going really far down to your donor area and your donor area is not the best either. Is better to shave down rather than go with surgery without medication in your case. That will at least give you peace in your life than getting disaster result in 10 years from now 

Thanks for your input.
I don’t know a lot about any of these medications, will they restore my hair by themselves? Or is it just to prevent further loss?
Will starting them after the transplant be enough if I decide to do so or should I go for them first then think about the transplant?

For me they were always a no just because I know they play with testosterone, however, I don’t know their true effect and whether the effect is actually noticeable on other parts of the body including down there. I will read about them.

I am living in Istanbul for the next 6 months and I will not have the chance to be here for this long ever again, and I prefer being close and following up in clinic post-transplant. That is why I am interested in having the transplant now.

10 hours ago, AB.91 said:

Hello,

I am 31 year old, been losing hair for 10 years, not on any medications, I used Minoxidil in the past for a year or two and had no problem but I stopped and when I got back I had an allergic reaction and stopped it. I don’t want to use a DHT blocker. 

I am living in Istanbul, so I am looking for surgeons in Istanbul.

I have read many reviews here but I am still torn between some names.

The doctor doing the procedure or most of it is important to me.

Dr. Bicer is out of my budget. Dr. Yaman, Dr. Gur, Dr. Turan and others had good results but I cannot decide. Estenove had a nice result on someone I know but I read here any center like that could be a “hair mill”.

I don’t want to travel somewhere else.

I don’t mind having another surgery in the future. Would appreciate your input about a plan for my transplant, number of grafts, where to transplant first, and the recommended surgeons.

Thank you in advance.

IMG_3305.jpeg

IMG_3306.jpeg

IMG_3307.jpeg

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3309.jpeg

Brother I did my surgery with Gur and can only provide positive feedback

18 minutes ago, magn1fikus said:

Try using topical fin 

Because without DHT blockers getting a surgery is like putting sand in a bucket with a hole

I did not know that existed.

So, oral Minoxidil and topical fin would be safest and most effective I guess?

I remember I had so many unwanted hairs growing on my forehead and around my eyebrows when I used topical Minoxidil, I am afraid that will happen more with oral?

Thank you for tagging your post, seems clean and really encouraging. Keep updating please. Best of luck!

2 minutes ago, AB.91 said:

I remember I had so many unwanted hairs growing on my forehead and around my eyebrows when I used topical Minoxidil, I am afraid that will happen more with oral?

Thank you for tagging your post, seems clean and really encouraging. Keep updating please. Best of luck!

I m using 5mg oral Minox and 1mg oral Fin

My friend uses Oral 5 mg minox and topical solution of Fin

It all depends

I would recommend start oral fin see how you react and the decide :) 

4 minutes ago, AB.91 said:

Well getting hair on the head and minor around eyebrows - i think is a small tradeoff 

For example on amazon they sell minox solution + biotin :) 

Update:

I saw Dr. X (one of the recommended here) and he advised 3000 grafts +10% possibly, only covering the front, none at crown, and not extending hairline at all. From what I understood from their representative is that they don’t do more than 3500 usually because “the people who work here can only stay for this much time”, not because of anything related to my specific case. His assessment was super quick and simple compared to Dr. Yaman’s, I don’t think I will go with him.

I went to see Dr. Yaman as well, he did a thorough assessment and recommended for me 5300 grafts covering the whole area from crown to hair line with extending the hairline a little anteriorly.

He said my donor hair thickness is 6 microns and I have some doubles and triples that can give me good coverage.

I feel comfortable with his assessment and opinion.

He said I have the choice for manual or mechanical extraction, I don’t know what’s better for my case so I asked what he recommended and he said mechanincal is better.

The procedure will be done in one day. 

Would appreciate your input.

Updated photos with longer hair

IMG_3687.jpeg

IMG_3690.jpeg

IMG_3689.jpeg