Why I returned to Farjo

Brian Boru

I'M greedy, I guess. Eighteen months ago I had a transplant at the Farjo Clinic in Manchester and the result was fantastic. What was once a head that resembled a bare car park sprinkled with a few dying leaves was transformed. Not into a thick, lush jungle of hair, I have to say but an area with a lovely growing, garden.

And each morning since I've looked at my new hair with pride and appreciation.

However, the garden had a little patch - at the crown - that remained thin. Even the gifted Dr F couldn't spread the 3250 FUs he'd relocated onto scalp previously to the point complete forestation was achieved. And so I spoke to Mick, the genial clinic manager and who had guided me through the process last time.

'We can sort it out,' he said, reassuringly.

And so I travelled to Manchester for a second procedure, and once again the hair garden team were slick, efficient and hugely welcoming. The drinks, the Granola bars, chicken sandwich and comforting smiles all arrived right on cue and I took great delight in learning that 2,100 lovely little FUs had been planted in the crown and 'in a V shape', towards the front.

Come Christmas the garden will be patchless.

Was the process any different this time? Not at all. Again, the back of my head was a little tender for a few days but the spray antiseptic provided acts like balm. It's wonderful.

I was back at work three days after the procedure and this time around however not a single person had a clue what had been going on - and in - my head. And why would they? My head wasn't shaved, and there was no sigh at all of any scalp irritation. And after about ten days the stitches dissolved, like tiny particles of snow exposed to sunlight.

But there is one feature of this transplant that doesn't match up with the previous. Not all of the implanted hairs have fallen out, as is expected, only to regrow four months later. Every morning when I wake up I touch my scalp and feel the little spiky hairs - and it's a delight.

Am I completely glad to have undergone a second procedure? Some may feel it's gilding the lily, perhaps all a little too self-indulgent - or perhaps even tempting fate. Who knows? All I know is that since the original hair transplant there hasn't been a day goes past when I haven't looked in the mirror and watched my face register a double smile of appreciation and delight.

I'm back to the wonderful days of disturbed, sometimes mad, morning hair, when the top of my head looks messier than a teenager's bedroom. Now I grin as I decide how I'm going to part my hair each day, (side or middle) or just leave it floppy and let nature and the wind determine the rest.

However I reckoned that if you can go for something close to hair perfection, then why not. I still won't have the David Cassidy hair I had when I was eighteen, but I have to say I'm headed, no pun intended, entirely in that direction.

I'll let you know how it all thickens out at the end of the year.

I'M greedy, I guess.

That about sums it up for all of us baldies. Even after we've acquired excellent and natural looking results, we still want more. Hence, is the nature of hair greed :-).

I remember I was on a plane to Vancouver to undergo my 4th hair transplant when I was reading your book and your longing for David Cassidy hair. The sad reality is (as you well know), well never get our thick lustrous locks from our youth back. But many of us can achieve a pretty nice and natural looking result even with a limited donor :-)

I think it would be great if you'd start a hair loss patient weblog to share the results from your first hair transplant and document the progress of your second. Let's see some pics :-)

Heal and grow well my friend,

Bill

brian gret post im sure you will achieve the results you desire .i purchased and read you book which was awesome amust read for any of us ht patients good luck and grow well.any plans for another book to chroniclethis expierence

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, No plans for another book. The first one gives most of the info I want to get across.

But I will continue to post the updates from the second HT.

Interestingly, hair growth seems to be taking places after just two months. I can feel the little spikys on my scalp. Incredible.

Thanks for your comments on the book. They really made my day.

Great post. Really enjoyed it, as did you by the positive feelings radiating from your words. I apologise in advance for having to ask, but could somebody pleased enlighten the uneducated one, exactly what book we may be speaking of. Its a little bizarre actually. After finishing your post, I was thinking to myself that you must be an author/writer of some kind. Or that if you are not, then you should be.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I'm new to the site and just navigating around reading people's experiences.

Like many I'm sure, I am nervous about HT's success.

I had a bad experience with a certain mainstream group who gave me a "free" consultation, only to tell me how beautiful my eyes where and how I'd have a full head of hair by x-mas! That should have warned me off but needless to say they robbed me of my deposit before I saw sense and looked elsewhere.

Brian, it was reassuring to hear about your positive experience at Farjo's! This is why I jumped in on your thread (I should post one on the consultation threads).

I had a consultation at the Farjo Clinic last Monday. I think its Mick that I saw as well as the main man himself. Both came across as nice guys.

I must say that I was a little unsure what to expect but thus far I'm impressed. What I liked about them is that I found it was me pushing for HT, not them and not once did they comment on my eyes!

I'm still eagerly await the e-mail.....and dream of a thatched bonce that I intend to sculpture into a multitude of bad 80's haircuts.

rapheal,brian wrote the book " Diary of a hairtransplant,a journalists search for David Cassidy hair"

it is an excellent read and a must for anyone considering a ht,aswell as those post ht waiting in the doldrums.(i also get a mention aswell as spex and Bill etc. icon_biggrin.gif

scorpio great to hear you had a good consult with mick and dr f.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

I would just like to express my gratitude to Mick@Farjo for so generously mailing me the book in question. He has gone far beyond the call of profession there, and at no charge to myself, very kindly mailed me a copy of this book overseas to myself.

Much appreciated Mick.

Thank you very much!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.