DR. Maras HDC August 2022, 3984 grafts

Hey everyone, this forum gave me so much over the years and now it's time to give back.

I'm 28-year-old and my lifelong dream was to do a hair transplant.

I have literally watched and researched over 20 or 30 clinicians for the past 4 years until I have found my match. I have consulted Bisanga, C***. Eugenix. Bicer, darling buds, and much more. The last decision was to choose HDC, and practically Dr. Maras. My dear friend and HDC consultant @Doron Harati helped me come to the realization that this is the best place for me, and I want to thank him for helping me along the way, before and after the procedure.

I consulted Dr. Maras in person before the procedure but to be honest, because I have relatively long hair, the assessment was on the low side than the actual procedure, but after the shave, I saw how horrible my hairline was.

So, coming to the clinic was smooth, the driver picked me and my wife and 40 minutes drive later we came to the apartment in front of the clinic. Good, clean, and all you need is there.

In the morning after we landed, we went to the clinic and met dr maras again. They shaved my head and after I looked like a potato me and dr. maras talked about my new hairline.

Dr maras suggested that we will restore the temples as well, and I was really scared because I have looked at hundreds of procedures from a lot of doctors and a handful were able to create the temple correctly from singles and that have the naturality of the growth pattern that goes backward and not point out of your head. Dr. Maras reassured me that it's crucial to my condition and he thinks my hair type could correspond nicely in this area.

Also, the design of my hairline was debated. DR. Maras drew it lower than I expected, and I wanted it to be higher and more receding, we met halfway in the middle of the lines (spoiler alert, was a great decision).

Then we started the procedure itself. It was hard, to be honest, the anesthetic was difficult for me but laying on my stomach and sides for 4-5 hours was to me a hard experience. After we finished the extractions, it was time for a lunch break., and then dr maras did the punches, placed the temples and hairline follicles, and did the hairline and 2\3 of the transplant. on the first day of about 2500 grafts and on the second day, we finished with a total 0f 3984 grafts.

After that I stayed 4-5 days in the apartment, spraying my head with water, icing for 10 minutes every hour, and doing washes at the clinic 2 times a day.

The first-week swell was huge, didn’t recognize myself in the mirror but the pain wasn’t something to remember.

After that I flew home with a lot of anxiety not damaging my head, the trip went okay.

Few pics:

image.png.5cb0f53f74d3b5f2ecc6c4218a539ed7.png

image.thumb.png.831c1c8c17fb805ef358e314475b7173.png

image.png.9d8b37942287082a5f7f65df74d85db9.png

I took another week at home washing my hair until all the scabs came off and the waiting game started.

image.png.54c9448665323a76146ecde808170f1d.png

image.png.1e7f13c76dc9a49fe465cf13635233ae.png

2 weeks:

image.png.8e404487487611a69df05ed862f160ae.png

After 3-4 weeks came to the ugly phase of curse when you look like a lollypop that fell on the carpet and up to 3 months not so much of a change

image.png.5c93769ac01871834b230ca63719673e.png

4 months and we starting to see growth finally, the hair is starting to come alive

image.png.cf396ad67adf566e0b4dc4346c3a72d9.png

5 months and progression is amazing, the pace is great and so much to come

image.png.06d32b353db05e5ba35fe1ac6344cdff.png

The time flew and 6 months have come, the hair is denser and more natural every week that comes by.

image.png.a495dc823e3ae2590b69a46e37f952ac.png

And now we skipped for today, about 10 months into the transplant and my life has changed. I can't even begin to explain how much better I feel now, the ability to go underwater in the sea and not be afraid my hair collapse, the fact that the wind doesn’t bother me anymore and I don’t need to loan from one side to another.

I have gotten a lot of compliments from friends and family about how much my hair was fuller, denser, and more natural looking.  

image.png.6cf0ca3935549f849e7629e8efa7059f.png

Edited by Mr. least-hair
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

looks already good at 6 months

how much was the doctor involved with extractions, placement etc?

Thank you!

Dr. Maras and Dr. Christina do the surgical parts: punch and incisions.

The technicians do the extractions and placements under Dr. Maras and Dr. Christina supervision.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

in addition to what Doron said, dr maras himself placed the first few lines of the hairline and the temples.

4k grafts for this area in this age?? also this doesnt look like 4k grafts based on the post op pictures but lets say this is questionable .It also looks like you have quite progressed thining in the rest of your head, @Doron Harati what kind of approach was this? 

Can you post some good quality pics with your hairline visible? Thanks

Edited by BaldV
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, BaldV said:

4k grafts for this area in this age?? also this doesnt look like 4k grafts based on the post op pictures but lets say this is questionable .It also looks like you have quite progressed thining in the rest of your head, @Doron Harati what kind of approach was this? 

Can you post some good quality pics with your hairline visible? Thanks

The hair of the patient was quite dense on the non-covered areas, the clinic had to put the maximum density in order to match his existing hair, additionally the clinic also used grafts to cover the temporal peaks.

The donor area is very rich and can be used much more if needed in the future.

The paitent posted his own photos on his own thread, the clinic will post photos only if he'll send us directly and approve to promote it.

Edited by Doron Harati

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

@Mr. least-hair, hey

Can you share pictures before the procedure but with your natural haircut and not a shaved head?

HDC was one of my main clinics I thought to work with and even I went for a n-person meeting with Mr Pantelis. 

Nice work

11 hours ago, Mr. least-hair said:

My natural disaster hair before

20220222_232338.jpg

Seems pretty good in my opion, not a disaster anyway.

I am way worse than you and Dr. Maras recommendation was about 4K grafts.

Intersting to know why 3984 were taken in your case, which 3984 is 4k actually

Edited by Harry2

On 6/4/2023 at 10:33 AM, Doron Harati said:

The hair of the patient was quite dense on the non-covered areas, the clinic had to put the maximum density in order to match his existing hair, additionally the clinic also used grafts to cover the temporal peaks.

image.thumb.png.6ca0f08c5522d4058873a6d79bfc8b0f.png

image.thumb.png.12e69be3936ad0eb09898e49d9bdb09a.png

Based on these pictures the exact opposite is apparent, he has extremely progressed thining in all of the top of his head and is headed to be a NW6 in less than 5 years.

for him to cover all this area he needs at least 4k more grafts, was his total donor capacity 8k grafts??

On 6/4/2023 at 10:33 AM, Doron Harati said:

The paitent posted his own photos on his own thread, the clinic will post photos only if he'll send us directly and approve to promote it.

I was refering to the patient. @Mr. least-hair can you post some good quality pictures outdoors to see the top of your head and your hairline? Thanks.

@BaldV, the clinic always make upfront plan for paitents that will have progress with further hairloss.

On many consultations the clinic suggest the candidates they'll need to come back after years from 1st procedure.

As I mentioned before, this paitent have a rich donor that will provide high amount of grafts to cover the rest of the scalp.