Hey guys! Need advice on where I stand prior to getting a FUE transplant!

First of all, this community  is absolutely amazing.  Thank you for all the great advice and insight thus far!

So I have been going back and forth with getting a transplant for about a year and a half now.  I haven't because I have been worried about it looking wirey, pluggy, and the hair line not coming out.  I also don't look terrible with a shaved head thank god.  

So I have researched tons of Doctors, asked questions, etc. and have narrowed it down to 2.  Laorwong, and Yaman.  

Both of these doctors told me I need between 4 and 4500 grafts, which I have, and they can do.  I have no idea what Norwood I am.  I am not doing any beard extraction, but I was wondering what the community thinks?

Any insight would be amazing.

Thank you so much!

IMG_0293.jpeg

IMG_0292.jpeg

IMG_0297.jpeg

IMG_0295.jpeg

IMG_0299.jpeg

tal214kj8t2b1.jpg.webp

IMG_0298.jpeg

Edited by T218HT
adding pics

Donor looks and good to have 4000+ grafts per session, always better to have longer hair and scalp measurements for better estimation, but looks you're good candidate for FUE procedure.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

@Big Rome Thanks so much for the reply man!

And just foam rogaine for like 10 years prob.  I tried min for like 6 months, and it really messed with me down there.

And thanks!  Yea I mean I don't like how I look, but I've been told enough times that it looks OK that I am getting away with it haha

You look good with a shaved head. Between the two doctors you have in mind, go for Laorwong, no question about it. He's an all-around good option.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, T218HT said:

@Doron Harati Thanks so much for the reply!  Do you think the doctors I narrowed it down to are OK?  Your hair looks awesome BTW!

Thank you!

I'm coordinator of HDC clinic, therefore I can't give feedbacks on other clinics, you should choose a clinic by your personal taste of their results and the strategy they choose for your procedure, it's safe to say you choose wisely choose not to go with cheap hair mills 😉

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

6 minutes ago, Z-- said:

You look good with a shaved head. Between the two doctors you have in mind, go for Laorwong, no question about it. He's an all-around good option.

Thanks Z!  Is Yaman bad?  I know Laowong is the master, but Thailand might be tough for me.  

11 minutes ago, T218HT said:

Thanks Z!  Is Yaman bad?  I know Laowong is the master, but Thailand might be tough for me.  

He's not bad relative to hairmills, but given your level of loss, you need someone elite -- and while he is recommended I remain unimpressed by his results. If you're going to go to Turkey, I'd suggest Pekiner foremost. That said, you should not let travel distance dictate your decision - go to the best doctor you can for your case. Laorwong is a very good and budget friendly choice. Perhaps you can look into Nader as well in Mexico.

I don't know your budget, but if you could go to around $4 a graft, I'd contemplate doctors in Spain/Portugal as well. Pinto, Couto and Ferudini specifically are exceptional.

Edited by Z--
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Z-- said:

He's not bad relative to hairmills, but given your level of loss, you need someone elite -- and while he is recommended I remain unimpressed by his results. If you're going to go to Turkey, I'd suggest Pekiner foremost. That said, you should not let travel distance dictate your decision - go to the best doctor you can for your case. Laorwong is a very good and budget friendly choice. Perhaps you can look into Nader as well in Mexico.

I don't know your budget, but if you could go to around $4 a graft, I'd contemplate doctors in Spain/Portugal as well. Pinto, Couto and Ferudini specifically are exceptional.

Understood on all points.  I def. agree.

I def. can only go to a certain number $$ wise.  So unfortunately $4 is out of my budget.

Yea Turkey is a crapshoot, but I have seen some great work done by Yaman.  Also I insisted on Yaman doing the work or I'm not choosing him, and he said he will indeed do it.   Also Nader has a 13 month wait!  LOL

I REALLY worry about 3 things.  The hairline, which Yaman looks to be VERY good at, not wirey, or pluggy.  

Obviously like I said Laorwong is a GOAT, and you're right, if I have to go to Thailand, I have to go to Thailand!

Thanks for the great feedback bro!

Edited by T218HT
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

You are looking good in this look..you can do SMP if you wish to and quit the surgery option ...though if you really wish to go for a hair transplant than considering your budget dr laorwong is a good option .i had my surgery with him and his work is pretty good...you can DM me if you want more info regarding him...and if you wanna look for other options than you can consider Dr Gur from turkey in that budget..Imo this 2 doctors are best in the budget segment ...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023