2000 grafts with Luis Nader

Just finished up a hair transplant with Dr. Nader. He is an excellent surgeon and his staff is incredible. I stayed nearby in McAllen Texas and Mr. Santos, the driver that works for Dr. Nader, picked me up and took me to the office in Reynosa. I know many people are concerned about safety, but I felt safe the entire trip. Dr. Nader‘s office is unassuming but very professional. He spent an hour and a half talking with me and helping to design my new hairline. The procedure took about seven hours overall. Many people in the forum have described his process so I won’t go into that again. I did have a little bit of an issue with elevated heart rate and blood pressure, but I think that may have been due to the adrenaline that’s in the local anesthetic . The doctor stop the action and allowed me to sort of calm down a little bit before he continued. I went back to the hotel in the late afternoon. Sleeping was challenging but I ended up getting about four hours. I’m headed back to California now and hope to get better sleep tonight. Very little pain and inflammation so far.

I’m 57 years old and started receding when I was in my 20s and just thought that I was going to be totally bald by the time I was 40. However, my loss really started to slow down in my 30s and by the time I hit this age I still had a decent amount of hair left so I decided to go for it. I’m just posting one picture now but will post more pictures later.

I highly recommend Dr. Nader and his staff. It’s a testament to how good he is that he is so damn busy all the time.

70718432890__324FA029-AC3B-4C61-9EA8-EBAC5958FDBD.jpeg

70724271066__31FF6417-9BF0-448F-8A98-42EB93955557.jpeg

Edited by sfconsultant
Updated photo

Hey thanks for posting, will be following this as a fellow Nader patient. I'm almost 7 months from my op and am extremely pleased thus far. 

Are you on Fin or Minox or have you ever been on either of them? Do you have pre-op pictures of how your hair looked?

Great to hear that you started losing in your 20's and then the loss slowed down, it's important for people to remember that everyone's genetics and balding pattern are different. My grandfather was the same way in that he started losing in his 20's, and then slowed down significantly. I'm hoping I end up with the same pattern he did. 

• Administrators

Dr. Nader is truly a gem, I’ll be following your journey closely.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

29 minutes ago, sfconsultant said:

my loss really started to slow down in my 30s and by the time I hit this age I still had a decent amount of hair left so I decided to go for it

what age you started meds ? 

31 minutes ago, sfconsultant said:

I’m 57 years old and started receding when I was in my 20s

that will give so much hope to many as after 37 years of hair loss you just needed 2k grafts to fix them. Probably your AGA was very less aggressive.

10 minutes ago, duckling said:

what age you started meds ? 

that will give so much hope to many as after 37 years of hair loss you just needed 2k grafts to fix them. Probably your AGA was very less aggressive.

I actually have never been on medication. And the doctor said that given my age now that I probably won’t have to do the meds.

41 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Hey thanks for posting, will be following this as a fellow Nader patient. I'm almost 7 months from my op and am extremely pleased thus far. 

Are you on Fin or Minox or have you ever been on either of them? Do you have pre-op pictures of how your hair looked?

Great to hear that you started losing in your 20's and then the loss slowed down, it's important for people to remember that everyone's genetics and balding pattern are different. My grandfather was the same way in that he started losing in his 20's, and then slowed down significantly. I'm hoping I end up with the same pattern he did. 

I was never on medication. I just didn’t want to deal with any of the side effects. I had kind of just excepted that I was gonna go totally bald and then that didn’t happen. I’ll try to find some pictures of preop. Mostly just sitting at the temples. I always had kind of a high forehead anyway… I called it a five head.

3 minutes ago, sfconsultant said:

I was never on medication. I just didn’t want to deal with any of the side effects. I had kind of just excepted that I was gonna go totally bald and then that didn’t happen. I’ll try to find some pictures of preop. Mostly just sitting at the temples. I always had kind of a high forehead anyway… I called it a five head.

I was probably a norwood 3?

On 6/8/2023 at 3:05 PM, Greenlantern2020 said:

Random question, but were you able to book a non-stop flight from California? I can't seem to find any that go to McAllen airport.

I had to connect through Houston. There aren’t any nonstops from San Francisco.

On 6/8/2023 at 3:05 PM, Greenlantern2020 said:

Random question, but were you able to book a non-stop flight from California? I can't seem to find any that go to McAllen airport.

On 6/4/2023 at 11:46 AM, Ramoss said:

How was Reynosa, Mexico? Did you feel safe when crossing the border ? 

Totally safe. Not an issue at all.

Quick update. Day 10. Recovery has been mostly uneventful. I do still have some sensitivity in my donor area. I’ve gotten most of the scabs off of the grafted area. I think I only really lost a couple of grafts during the whole process. Dr. Nader was really responsive to any questions I had. I’m looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I have some questions about whether or not I should’ve gone a little lower with my hairline but obviously won’t know until it’s grown in fully

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1067.jpeg

IMG_1069.jpeg

IMG_1066.jpeg