Now.hairtime 4.5m followers on IG

• Administrators

Hair mill that invests millions in marketing.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

57 minutes ago, Marc2021 said:

Hello,

What do you guys think about now.hairtime, they seem to get a lots of celebrities getting their HT done .

Their prices are also pretty decent 3-4k 

marketing is so good nowadays..  you are not alone who feel for this. Even i used to think that maybe people love their results hence so many followers but if you check their followers those are mostly bot accounts and rest are gained by reels etc. Most followers will have copy pasted replies if they get any in their videos.

Do you want a surgeon who invests in marketing or someone who invests in HT skills ? 

The one with more skill , their work will be travel by word of mouth and free marketing will happen. Yes they still have to pay forums but that is least they have to do in such intense competition to atleast make people see their results if not their follower count or glam photos with celebs.

Edited by duckling

Marketing is strong for hair mills, Asli, HOI, Cinik and these guys obviously, but amount of followers (which isn’t even true) has no bearing on how a good a clinic is. As has been mentioned most of the elite Drs don’t even need to do any marketing whatsoever. Pay no attention to marketing or reviews on Yelp/trustpilot/Insta/FB etc, look for actual patient posted reviews on forums such as this. 

Edited by BRITA-XL
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

Marketing is strong for hair mills, Asli, HOI, Cinik and these guys obviously, but amount of followers (which isn’t even true) has no bearing on how a good a clinic is. As has been mentioned most of the elite Drs don’t even need to do any marketing whatsoever. Pay no attention to marketing or reviews on Yelp/trustpilot/Insta/FB etc, look for actual patient posted reviews on forums such as this. 

I have been seeing quite a lot of marketing on instagram for those places. I can only feel sorry for the millions of people who fall for it everyday thinking they will get the time of their lives. On the other hand, makes my mind feel more at ease now that I have bypassed those "shackles".

With a few exceptions such as Yaman, Bicer, Gur etc 90% of Turkey should be avoided.

I remember there was a time I had "Hair of Istanbul" in my shortlist, there was even one youtuber that documented his journey after having a HT in there so I thought about following, howeaver as I digged deep I realized that it was a hairmill like any other and that home run results would usually come at the expense of donor depletion, that automatically made me remove them from it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I have been seeing quite a lot of marketing on instagram for those places. I can only feel sorry for the millions of people who fall for it everyday thinking they will get the time of their lives. On the other hand, makes my mind feel more at ease now that I have bypassed those "shackles".

With a few exceptions such as Yaman, Bicer, Gur etc 90% of Turkey should be avoided.

I remember there was a time I had "Hair of Istanbul" in my shortlist, there was even one youtuber that documented his journey after having a HT in there so I thought about following, howeaver as I digged deep I realized that it was a hairmill like any other and that home run results would usually come at the expense of donor depletion, that automatically made me remove them from it. 

Forums like this are pretty antiquated these days, Insta/Fb etc is where people get drawn in by this type of heavy marketing/influencing.

I have lost count of the amount of people arrive here too late and the damage is already done. How many times have we seen “I wish I came across this type of information before” this will continue sadly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

Forums like this are pretty antiquated these days, Insta/Fb etc is where people get drawn in by this type of heavy marketing/influencing.

I have lost count of the amount of people arrive here too late and the damage is already done. How many times have we seen “I wish I came across this type of information before” this will continue sadly. 

Sometimes I feel bad for taking action late because of my fears but I can imagine how can it feel for those who not had just acted late but also got botched from some unknown surgeon. At least there is some solace on the fact that I didnt just happen to "jump" for surgery without any second look.

Getting a hair transplant without doing your diligence is like walking across the sidewalk without looking at the signal. Fortunately most of us know that here...

Surgeons recommended here probably spend more on publicity to advertise their work on HRN.

Those hairmills just buy followers and pay IG to advertise, it is actually quite cheap. Is just a facade of success to lure you into going there because "everyone goes". A celebrity will just see the number of followers and go there, fame does not correlate with resourcefulness or research.

Edited by NegativeNorwood

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.