Thoughts about Transplanting One's Hair to Another

I think with immunosuppressant drugs its possible but as HT is not life threatning surgery its just a cosmetic surgery, HT surgeons are not considering it, also with immunosuppressants the extra care & risk which needs to be taken increases as it weakens the immune system 

• Valued Contributor

Today it's difficult enough to sustain the donor hair that we have with the small but real side effects from oral minoxidil and oral finasteride/dutasteride, etc. The thought of the serious side effects from immunosuppressant drugs is on a completely different level altogether! You can 'live' in the literal sense without hair. Not so without a heart or liver.

• Valued Contributor
On 5/29/2023 at 12:53 PM, Gatsby said:

The easy part is finding the science to transplant hair from one person to another. The impossible part is finding someone who is willing to be your donor! 🤣😬

Luckily my missus has hair for days. Just insane thickness & volume. If there were any scientific chance of blagging some from her one day, I'll definitely be putting the bins out on time and doing the dishes more frequently!

• Haha 1