Fuegenix - 1200 grafts - May 14 2023 - 26 yr

keviin

Hi everyone,

A little more than a week ago I had my hair transplantation at Fuegenix.

Small overview of my situation:

• 26 years old.
  • Started losing my hair at the ripe age of 18 years old.
  • Got on finasteride 3 years later at 21 which has helped a lot at slowing down further loss. (I don't think it regrew anything though).
  • Was fine for a few years but had to stop taking it for a little more than a year on doctor's advice (in hindsight this was a stupid idea) which made me lose all progress and that loss never really recovered.
  • Hopped back on it again but was no longer happy with how it looks, I decided: why not do something about it.

That's when I started looking for hair transplant clinics. I guess I have high standards when it comes to hair transplants because most of what I found when Googling looked bad (unnatural, copy-pasted lego-like hair). Luckily I found Fuegenix. The fact they have very clear photos and their results looked amazing every time, made me stop looking and I contacted them through their website. This was begin of August 2022.

Consultation
The consultation was perfectly fine and casual - we decided on a new hair line together. Since I am still young and because I'm fine with some recession in the temples, I specifically mentioned 'less is more' which I understood is the approach that Dr. M. Ahmad also prefers to take. If you're serious about getting a transplant, you should not only consider the short term results, but make a more long-term plan. You still want to have options in X years if you start to lose more hair - this is something that Dr. M. Ahmad takes very serious too - which made me feel very comfortable. We decided on a more conservative, future-proof approach (1200-1400 grafts).

Surgery day
Started 07:00. The vibe is very relaxed and calm. Received anesthetics in the donor area first. Yes, it's painful, but not as bad as I expected. Tip: if you're familiar with meditation, try to put your full attention on the pain. It sounds counter-intuitive but it helps a lot 🙂
After the hairs were sorted and transplanted in the front (after receiving anesthetics there too) we took a small break and continued finishing the rest.
We finished around 12:15 which was about an hour quicker than expected.
The whole thing went over very quick. Once the anesthetics work, you don't feel any pain at all anymore, and you just kind of doze off into a light sleep while it happens.

After everything was done, Dr. M. Ahmad personally helped me walk to the car.

Post surgery
Dr. M. Ahmad has been following progress closely as we keep chatting daily through Whatsapp. He is very approachable and friendly and you can message him almost any time at day. The aftercare (so far) along with the instructions have been great - it's especially nice because those first few days are crucial and you really get a sense he's doing his best to give you the best result possible.

Results so far
Right now it's been 11 days and I have already received many compliments of friends and colleagues who tell me they can't see at all that it's transplanted. By that point I was already very happy by how natural looks, but that confirmed it even more.

Check the photos below! I will log in every month to post an update. Feel free to ask questions.

Before

WhatsAppImage2023-05-24at19_53_15.png.0c4700e00ebe812af83e08de332b2153.png

WhatsAppImage2023-05-24at19_53.15(1).png.190c5e52880ec9b4b57b4a25c8460998.png

11 days after transplant

PXL_20230523_153124006.thumb.jpg.3c1af00bbf0fc032d9e7e26470c34df4.jpg

PXL_20230523_153118680.thumb.jpg.293906bc4c41ec7a7c42b74d0fc4bcbe.jpg

PXL_20230523_153114948.thumb.jpg.b752be4e90f35c80b3b8a2c6c97f72d0.jpg

Yesterday

PXL_20230523_175013619.MP_defaced(2).thumb.jpg.6376560e310423262ddc1584bf388641.jpg

Edited by keviin
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

You were under the best hands my friend ...you are just 26 so good take a conservative approach and plan for future...best of luck...Happy growing and keep updating ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Hey man, looks quality as always with Dr Munib. I had mine done with Dr Munib as well last May 10 and it looks so natural. Will Post my experience here soon and will keep following yours. 

Edited by nhdomelow

• Valued Contributor
48 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

how can dr m always cover so much area with few grafts

dr zarev is the magician of extraction and he the magician of coverage really

Exactly ...And thats also an answer to the people who ask why dr munib's charges are so high...such rare magics and magicians are never cheap...😊

Edited by A_4_Archan

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, DeltaV said:

How much is so high? € wise?

Higher in comparison to most of the doctors...bt his work is higher thn most the doctors too...his work justify his prices...

--> My Thread

21 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

Higher in comparison to most of the doctors...bt his work is higher thn most the doctors too...his work justify his prices...

I read on fb hair conquer group from couple of his recent patients that he charges €6 per graft. I consider this as very fair price for a doctor of his caliber and results. A bargain to be honest.

• Valued Contributor
33 minutes ago, DeltaV said:

I read on fb hair conquer group from couple of his recent patients that he charges €6 per graft. I consider this as very fair price for a doctor of his caliber and results. A bargain to be honest.

Yeh ofcourse a fair price and that's what i said that his work justify his pricing...his work is awesome ...very natural result and the best thing about him is the donor preservation ...he uses grafts very efficiently and economically thats why his patients will have grafts in bank for the future loss...and as he just mentioned he charges per session and not per graft 

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Thanks 1

--> My Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/31/2023 at 2:02 AM, FallenIdol said:

Are you based in the Netherlands or did you travel far to get this done? Did you have much of a wait between the consultation and surgery? Thanks!

Yes I'm based in NL! The consult was in October 2022 so 7 months of waiting!

6 hours ago, keviin said:

Yes I'm based in NL! The consult was in October 2022 so 7 months of waiting!

Thank you! It’s good that you have barely any residual redness left in the recipient sites. Looking forward to seeing your results as there’s been some very good outcomes, from fuegenix on here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

This is insane for 1200 grafts!

• Well Done 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Looking super natural ...dr munib ahmad always use less grafts comparatively which really helps further down the road as mostly people will need a surgery or two in future...his approach is always future proof....

• Thanks 1

--> My Thread