Dr. Keser | May 2023 | 2,500 grafts

On 6/8/2023 at 7:57 PM, TheDarkHour said:

I've been considering Keser since he's one of the more affordable surgeons when it comes to doing temple restoration. Unfortunately, he hasn't responded to my emails despite me emailing him twice. Is there an alternative way to contact him besides using the info@drkeser.com email?

Sorry for ignorance here but sometimes the word gets thrown around and referenced for different things i nopticed.
But with temples you mean the side of the hairline, the 'temporal points'? The 'angular' point (pointing towards forehead/eyes) on the left and right side? Im also looking into restoring those and heard Bisanga is very good here. But it is also quite expensive.. 

On 6/27/2023 at 5:09 PM, Larry Hairy said:

Sorry for ignorance here but sometimes the word gets thrown around and referenced for different things i nopticed.
But with temples you mean the side of the hairline, the 'temporal points'? The 'angular' point (pointing towards forehead/eyes) on the left and right side? Im also looking into restoring those and heard Bisanga is very good here. But it is also quite expensive.. 

I'm referring to the latter, like the triangular area in the picture below. Haven't seen many examples on Bisanga working on temple points. 

The importance of temple points - Dr. Feriduni

• 2 weeks later...

It's now 2 months post-procedure. As expected, there's still not much to report: a few hairs remained post-shed, but otherwise it's too soon to see much real growth.

There's still a fair amount of redness in the recipient area, but it's gradually diminishing. Donor area hasn't suffered much shock loss, and looks pretty similar to pre-procedure at this point.

I'll see if I can get higher quality photos once we get to month 3 and beyond.

IMG_4800.jpg

IMG_4806.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

3 month update

I'm now at 3 months post-procedure, and some early growth is starting to come through. What I'm seeing so far:

• Redness has largely gone, and/or has become less visible as early growth of the recipient hairs comes through
  • Donor area remains natural looking, with luckily no shock loss there - even at short length there's no obvious evidence of work being done
  • There are early signs of growth, although it certainly doesn't blend in as entirely natural just yet (particularly at the short length)
  • Density of what's come through so far appears higher at the sides than the front-centre area

It's still too early to say how things will pan out at this point. The fact that there's some growth is encouraging, although some parts of the recipient of course look quite sparse at this point. Let's see how it develops over the next couple of months. 

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_5384.jpg

IMG_5414.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great! How many operations Dr.Keser perform daily ? 

He performs one surgery per day, and in some cases splits one individual's surgery over a few days (he tends to do max 650-700 grafts in a single day). 

• 1 month later...

4 month update

Now at 4 months, growth has continued to come through. So far what I'm seeing:

• Density increase has been greatest on the sides, and is beginning to blend in fairly naturally. The left side has progressed the most, and probably has the most natural angulation also
  • There are still areas with low density, particularly in the region behind the middle hairline
  • Donor area remains fine - pretty much no noticeable impact there at this point

Overall, things are starting to come through OK - there are things that could be better, of course, but I'm fairly happy for 4 months, and already I no longer feel particularly self-conscious about the procedure. It is still (relatively) early days, but we're starting to see the shape of the final outcome. 

IMG_6098.jpg

IMG_6091.jpg

IMG_6126.jpg

Edited by rolaba
image upload
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

6 month update

It's almost six months since the procedure, so I have a good read of how the result will likely play out.

I'm pretty happy overall with the result, particularly the yield I've gotten for this point. Density has continued to increase, and the transplanted hair now blends in pretty well with my native hair. While there might be some thickening left to come, even if it stopped at this point I'd be satisfied with the density.

IMG_6558.jpg

IMG_6537.jpg

IMG_6538.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jwolfe890 said:

really great result! what guard can you shave the donor area without noticing any scars or signs of the surgery?

The donor scars haven't been very noticeable. I've been able to do a 2 guard on the back and sides without visible scarring. No doubt someone knowing what to look up close could tell, but in day to day life it isn't noticeable even short. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NorwoodSlayer69 said:

looking great man, i noticed at your 3 month update the hairs were very thick already, did they not look wispy and thin at first?

They were a bit wispier early on, but for the most part they started out coming through pretty thick (of course at low density to begin with).