Need help choosing a doctor out of these 4 choices

So I’ve only gotten a response back from Dr Laorwong, Dr Yaman, & Dr. Gur/Turan and I could get in with these doctors this summer. I’ve been on minoxidil and finasteride for about 9 months now and have seen some growth but my hairline hasn’t really been growing in, just baby hairs. I’m about a Norwood 2 and would just need the hairline reconstructed, I’m going to hold off on the crown and continue to use the meds for that area. I was hoping to get some advice from people who have experience with these doctors to help me narrow the list down and who you think designs the best natural hairline out of the 4, thank you!

Also, how does my donor area look? I took this pic 2 weeks after getting a skin fade. And does it matter if I use topical minoxidil on my donor area? Would that have an effect if it’s hair that grew from the minoxidil is used for the hairline? Thanks.

IMG_3805.png

• Administrators

They’re all good doctors. I think Dr. Laorwong is more expensive then the other three. But cost isn’t everything. Have you reached out to any of their patients here? What does your hairline look like?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

@2legit2quit Medication generally works on midscalp and crown ....it won't work on your hairline that much imo...can't tell exactly how is your donor from this pic but you just need a hairline construction so even if your donor is average than too its fine as you will not need that many grafts....

Imho for hairlines you can go with dr laorwong or dr gur....i did my surgery recently with dr laorwong so if you have any doubts or questions you can approach me anytime....best of luck and keep updating ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

@A_4_Archan what airport did you fly into for Laorwong and also what hotel? The only thing holding me off from Laorwong is that the flight is an extra 1k than going to turkey (flying in from the states) and also having to find transportation and a hotel out there just seems more stressful than these other clinics that have the hotel and driver included. But I do like Laorwongs work though so still deciding.

I went to Dr. Laorwong and it was a very easygoing experience and also a lot of fun being in Bangkok. I'm still in the growth phase so I don't know how the final result is yet, though. Transportation is easy in Bangkok, all you need is to download the Grab app which is pretty much like Uber. There are also plenty of hotels and AirBnbs within walking distance of his clinic is you stay near Krung Thon Buri BTS station. 

• Valued Contributor
24 minutes ago, 2legit2quit said:

@A_4_Archan what airport did you fly into for Laorwong and also what hotel? The only thing holding me off from Laorwong is that the flight is an extra 1k than going to turkey (flying in from the states) and also having to find transportation and a hotel out there just seems more stressful than these other clinics that have the hotel and driver included. But I do like Laorwongs work though so still deciding.

I went to hotel named "white ivory bed and breakfast" hotel is clean and staff is very good..5 mins walk from the clinic as well as metro rail station...pricing is also moderate....i can surely recommend tht hotel if you go to laorwong....

Suvarnabhumi international airport in bangkok....actually there are 2 airports there..so you can check that...

Yeh flight may be costly ...do your research properly abt both the doctors...dr gur is also good so you don't need to worry..have seen good results from him...and i can tell you about my experience with dr laorwong which was so easy that you can't believe ..i still don't even feel like i had a surgery ...so if you like dr laorwong thn i dnt think jst 1k should be a barrier ...so think about it...

• Like 1

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor

Yeh as @AlexMeister21 said you can use grab app...you can use bolt app which is cheaper than grab and there is indrive app where you can set your own pricing for a ride and if driver is free and ready thn he will,accept it..you can actually do bargaining in that app 😅

Other thn that the hotel i mentioned is near bts railway station ...using metro is the fastest cheapest and easiest way...so you can use that...

And if you go to dr laorwong thn be there in thailand 2-3 days before your surgery and explore it...its a beautiful country..

• Like 1

--> My Thread

20 hours ago, 2legit2quit said:

So I’ve only gotten a response back from Dr Laorwong, Dr Yaman, & Dr. Gur/Turan and I could get in with these doctors this summer. I’ve been on minoxidil and finasteride for about 9 months now and have seen some growth but my hairline hasn’t really been growing in, just baby hairs. I’m about a Norwood 2 and would just need the hairline reconstructed, I’m going to hold off on the crown and continue to use the meds for that area. I was hoping to get some advice from people who have experience with these doctors to help me narrow the list down and who you think designs the best natural hairline out of the 4, thank you!

Also, how does my donor area look? I took this pic 2 weeks after getting a skin fade. And does it matter if I use topical minoxidil on my donor area? Would that have an effect if its l hair that grew from the minoxidil is used for the hairline? Thanks.

IMG_3805.png

All 4 doctors are good options. Personally I would select either one between turan, Gur, and yaman since I have seen more great patient results from them. 

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
On 5/16/2023 at 11:40 PM, Belve said:

All 4 doctors are good options. Personally I would select either one between turan, Gur, and yaman since I have seen more great patient results from them. 

Can not compare Gur, Turan, Yaman with Laorwong. Laorwong is premier league, the other 3 championship at best 

• Thumbs-down 1

8 hours ago, toon_toon said:

Can not compare Gur, Turan, Yaman with Laorwong. Laorwong is premier league, the other 3 championship at best 

I don’t think laorwong is better than the other 3.  I have seen more results from turan, Gur and yaman which are great. 

• Thumbs-down 2

3 minutes ago, Belve said:

I don’t think laorwong is better than the other 3.  I have seen more results from turan, Gur and yaman which are great. 

Can you please link to a Laorwong job that has not been good or failed the last 3-4 years? He actually produces hairlines quite similar to Pekiner. (Dense, tight with micro irregularities)

If you search Gur, Turan or Yaman at the hair loss conquerors you can find several negative results there.

The fact that Gur offers different packages like VIP (pay more, and the doc will be more involved in the process), just gives me hairmill chills.

They are undoubtedly more safe than hairmills, but not comparable to top docs like Pekiner, Pinto, Couto, Laorwong, Ferreira and this kind of league.

• Thumbs-down 1

50 minutes ago, toon_toon said:

Can you please link to a Laorwong job that has not been good or failed the last 3-4 years? He actually produces hairlines quite similar to Pekiner. (Dense, tight with micro irregularities)

If you search Gur, Turan or Yaman at the hair loss conquerors you can find several negative results there.

The fact that Gur offers different packages like VIP (pay more, and the doc will be more involved in the process), just gives me hairmill chills.

They are undoubtedly more safe than hairmills, but not comparable to top docs like Pekiner, Pinto, Couto, Laorwong, Ferreira and this kind of league.

You have no idea what you are taking about. Laorwong is good but Pekiner is top class surgeon. 
secondly in many clinics techs do the extraction. So if dr Gur does the extractions in the vio package it doesn’t mean that’s a hair mill cause he doesn’t do in the normal packages. 
Gur turan and yaman are all great and safe options. In fact they have a lot of positive reviews on hair loss conquerors group with no negative reviews.  
You are just a paid troll trying to sabotage some clinics. 

Edited by Belve
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Face Palm 1

29 minutes ago, Belve said:

You have no idea what you are taking about. Pekiner can’t be compared to laorwong. Pekiner is top class surgeon. 
secondly in many clinics techs do the extraction. So if dr Gur does the extractions in the vio package it doesn’t mean that’s a hair mill cause he doesn’t do in the normal packages. 
Gur turan and yaman are all great and safe options. 

The VIP package thing is just nonsense. top reputed doctors shouldn’t  have such options, because it just could give the impression of being the opposite. The 3 doctors are just fine, many great results out there, but also some results that are not top notch.

If I were on a budget I would pick one of those 3 as first choice instead of going to a clinic where you don’t know who will be your doctor that given day.

Yes, Pekiner is a top (world) class doctor, especially for lower Norwood cases. On cases over 3000 grafts, there will be a 3-day procedure. In my mind not necessary with a drilled team (2 days max)

I’ve seen some people that have been to both Laorwong and Pekiner. They actually compared them as quite similar.

Why is your opinion that Laorwong is not a top class surgeon? Can you please link up some examples? 

Edit: Just a quick search on this forum, I found some cases of Yaman that seem not too good. In this one for example, he should have split the operation in 2. First one to restore the front, and then 12 months later, further back (crown). Or if there was not enough available grafts he should not have proceed at all

Edited by toon_toon
  • Face Palm 1

29 minutes ago, toon_toon said:

The VIP package thing is just nonsense. top reputed doctors shouldn’t  have such options, because it just could give the impression of being the opposite. The 3 doctors are just fine, many great results out there, but also some results that are not top notch.

If I were on a budget I would pick one of those 3 as first choice instead of going to a clinic where you don’t know who will be your doctor that given day.

Yes, Pekiner is a top (world) class doctor, especially for lower Norwood cases. On cases over 3000 grafts, there will be a 3-day procedure. In my mind not necessary with a drilled team (2 days max)

I’ve seen some people that have been to both Laorwong and Pekiner. They actually compared them as quite similar.

Why is your opinion that Laorwong is not a top class surgeon? Can you please link up some examples? 

Edit: Just a quick search on this forum, I found some cases of Yaman that seem not too good. In this one for example, he should have split the operation in 2. First one to restore the front, and then 12 months later, further back (crown). Or if there was not enough available grafts he should not have proceed at all

As I said in many clinics doctors don’t do the extractions. Couto doesn’t do the extractions,  Freitas doesn’t do the extractions, Lorenzo doesn’t do the extractions.

In eugenix clinic doctors do not do the extractions unless you pay more for the vip package. So there’s nothing different with dr Gur when you pay more for the doctor to do the extractions. 

Dr pittella also does the extractions only in the vip package and he has 4 different packages depending on his involvement  to the procedure..So there’s nothing different with dr Gur when you pay more for the doctor to do the extractions.

laorwong is good but he is new to this forum and he hasn’t many patients results posted. In difference Pekiner has too many great results and he is more famous and not a new doctor to the community. That’s the difference if you can understand.

Edited by Belve

5 hours ago, Belve said:

You have no idea what you are taking about. Laorwong is good but Pekiner is top class surgeon. 
Gur turan and yaman are all great and safe options. In fact they have a lot of positive reviews on hair loss conquerors group with no negative reviews.  
You are just a paid troll trying to sabotage some clinics. 

Mate, how I am sabotaging clinics? Just giving my honest feedback and back it up with documentation.

like I said earlier, the 3 doctors are a much more safe option than other clinics and also affordable. Most results seem good, but there is easy to find results that are not top notch as well.

Turan for example:

many patients complain that he has slipped his standards here:

Edited by Melvin- Admin

2 minutes ago, toon_toon said:

Mate, how I am sabotaging clinics? Just giving my honest feedback and back it up with documentation.

like I said earlier, the 3 doctors are a much more safe option than other clinics and also affordable. Most results seem good, but there is easy to find results that are not top notch as well.

Turan for example:

many patients complain that he has slipped his standards here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/311681536370684/permalink/1338654280340066/

You don’t give any feedback. You are a paid shill who just made an account here to sabotage some clinics with lies. 

• Haha 1
  • Face Palm 1

2 minutes ago, Belve said:

As I said in many clinics doctors don’t do the extractions. Couto doesn’t do the extractions,  Freitas doesn’t do the extractions, Lorenzo doesn’t do the extractions.

In eugenix clinic doctors do not do the extractions unless you pay more for the vip package. So there’s nothing different with dr Gur when you pay more for the doctor to do the extractions. 

laorwong is good but he is new to this forum and he hasn’t many patients results posted. In difference Pekiner has too many great results and he is more famous and not a new doctor to the community. That’s the difference if you can understand.

Yes, I know that most of the surgeons use techs. It is a must, otherwise the docs would have suffered fatigue and the operations would take ages. But the top docs have top skilled techs, a team that is like a machinery

Laorwong is not a " new" doctor. You can find results even back to 2016. 

1 minute ago, toon_toon said:

Yes, I know that most of the surgeons use techs. It is a must, otherwise the docs would have suffered fatigue and the operations would take ages. But the top docs have top skilled techs, a team that is like a machinery

Laorwong is not a " new" doctor. You can find results even back to 2016. 

There’s doctors doing the procedure alone. There’s not any fatigue and things like that. Ferreira and pinto do the procedure alone without techs. Pekiner the same. 

1 minute ago, Belve said:

There’s doctors doing the procedure alone. There’s not any fatigue and things like that. Ferreira and pinto do the procedure alone without techs. Pekiner the same. 

Pinto and Pekiner, yes. Ferreira, no

If you have a good team of techs, it is not negative to use techs. It actually saves time and the procedure can be done in a lesser amount of time.

Pinto and Pekiner wants to do almost everything by themselves and produces great results, and other top docs get much help from skilled techs and also achieve top results.

17 minutes ago, Belve said:

You don’t give any feedback. You are a paid shill who just made an account here to sabotage some clinics with lies. 

I just came with examples from real life patients.

Only thing I want is for other people to make their decisions based on facts.

By the way: It seems like you could be paid by Yaman. Praising every result/ thread like he’s a God.

I am by the way on this forum to find as much information possible for my future HT in late 2024/early 2025.

Have not decided yet for the surgeon, but my list is now Pinto, Pekiner, Laorwong and Ferreira.

If you can find some bad results from for example Laorwong, I would appreciate if you shared this info. 
Thank you 

Edited by toon_toon
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, toon_toon said:

I just came with examples from real life patients.

Only thing I want is for other people to make their decisions based on facts.

By the way: It seems like you could be paid by Yaman. Praising every result/ thread like he’s a God.

Ive no idea if you have any kind of association with a specific doctor. However, it appears you promote one in particular in most of your posts. Have you had surgery with him?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Ive no idea if you have any kind of association with a specific doctor. However, it appears you promote one in particular in most of your posts. Have you had surgery with him?

I am on this forum to find as much information possible for my future HT in late 2024/early 2025.

Have not decided yet for the surgeon, but my list is now Pinto, Pekiner, Laorwong and Ferreira. (After consulting with all 4)

If you or someone else can find some bad results from for example Laorwong, I would appreciate if you shared this info. 
Thank you 

Edit:

And the feedback/ answers has to be based on examples and facts, not only:

"I would not go to Turkey, India or Thailand for a transplant".

The Geographical aspect doesn’t matter for me. The most important are the skills of the clinic/surgeon.

Edited by toon_toon
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, toon_toon said:

I am on this forum to find as much information possible for my future HT in late 2024/early 2025.

Have not decided yet for the surgeon, but my list is now Pinto, Pekiner, Laorwong and Ferreira. (After consulting with all 4)

If you or someone else can find some bad results from for example Laorwong, I would appreciate if you shared this info. 
Thank you 

You just made a new account here (not even one month member) and you act like you are an old member. So you definitely made this shill account to write what you don’t want to write with your main account or you probably got banned with your previous account.

That’s a shill behaviour meaning you made a second account to promote one specific doctor and you are trying to sabotage some specific clinics. You are definitely getting paid  to do that. I don’t sabotage any clinic like you with lies.  

Edited by Belve
  • Like 1
  • Face Palm 2

14 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Exactly He promotes one particular doctor and he is trying to sabotage some specific doctors. @toon_toon is definitely a paid shill who made a new account here to do that job. 

Edited by Belve
  • Like 1
  • Face Palm 2

14 minutes ago, toon_toon said:

Thank you 

Surely you would therefore be interested in results from all 4 of your prospective surgeons?

Do you have any pictures of your current situation that other members may be able to use to help you with your choice?

Edited by BackFromTheBrink