coarse hair / hair standing up after ht?

hey guys, any of you have any tips for softening the hair after your HT? I was thinking of leave-in conditioner? My hair in the hairline stands up a bit as opposed to just falling down naturally this i expect is a natural part of the HT maturing, but wondered if there was any way to help soften the hair, I'm 5months post opp by the way. cheers

hey guys, any of you have any tips for softening the hair after your HT? I was thinking of leave-in conditioner? My hair in the hairline stands up a bit as opposed to just falling down naturally this i expect is a natural part of the HT maturing, but wondered if there was any way to help soften the hair, I'm 5months post opp by the way. cheers

Jojo,

It can take up to a year or even longer sometimes for the hair to completely mature and soften. In many cases, transplanted hair will be coarse and harder to tame.

In the meantime, feel free to experiment with hair styling products to see what works best to get it to look the way you want.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear JOJO

5 months is too early to decide whether the hair will have a natural fall or not. One tip what is the angle of exit of your hair, if they are comming out at an angle more than 50 degree with skin, then I am afraid they will have that tendency of standing especially if they are coarse. Mind you the hair line grtafts are not all grafts that are taken from donor area. They are the few specail grafts that have a natural curl in their body. It is those grafts that should be transplanted on to the hair line to make the looks more natural, but use of a conditioner will certainly help.

Though as every one says the character will change with time and it takes about 18 months to do so. so wait.............no worry AKUNA MATATA

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network