HLC Ankara - may 2023 - 2900 grafts

Hey everyone thought I’d make a quick post about my experience at Hlc not looking to do a big write up but just post my results and share some photos. 

overall experience was good, driver picked me up at the airport and transferred me to the hotel. It is in the same building as the clinic just on a different floor which made it really convenient and stress free. Breakfast and lunch are included they give you a menu for supper where you can purchase supper and have it delivered to your room.  Surgery was performed on may 3rd first half and second half of surgery was done on the 4th. Hairline and frontal area. Here is some before photos. Also 1 day after and 4th day. 

currently taking minoxidil but had to stop before surgery and going to give topical finasteride a try from minoxidilmax.
IMG_0085.thumb.jpeg.123a83ef35848c4375790f0626376768.jpegIMG_0081.thumb.jpeg.2b5388c523b9cc21c00880acf9d79d12.jpegIMG_0089.thumb.jpeg.a2bb86ea0c3bc139294ae68ce9a93017.jpegIMG_0090.thumb.jpeg.c6b344f3d440cb68e190e8afdf273ad4.jpegIMG_0093.thumb.jpeg.c256a40c890bd338d11787dacc2cfdbe.jpegBEC7C9C7-844A-44C2-A90E-51204BA8121D.thumb.jpeg.8e822036cc25933a4307830e3a0c1bbc.jpeg

Your donor area is quite big so you were a great candidate for HT. But i see some very light thinning below the whirl. I do think that the meds will fix it and improve area around the whirl. So no need to worry.

Coming to work, it is very conservative approach so you will surely have a nice mature hairline with great density. This hairline will age well but for now it will show you as 30+. and because of donor i can expect a good amount of grafts coming for 2nd HT to fix any density issue caused by future hair loss.

If you can share more photos post-op from different angles then it will be easier to comment on work in detailed manner. From this photo only hairline is visible. Side photos can tell us if you needed temple or will need it in 2nd HT. From top and back we can see mid-scalp and crown more.

8 hours ago, duckling said:

Your donor area is quite big so you were a great candidate for HT. But i see some very light thinning below the whirl. I do think that the meds will fix it and improve area around the whirl. So no need to worry.

Coming to work, it is very conservative approach so you will surely have a nice mature hairline with great density. This hairline will age well but for now it will show you as 30+. and because of donor i can expect a good amount of grafts coming for 2nd HT to fix any density issue caused by future hair loss.

If you can share more photos post-op from different angles then it will be easier to comment on work in detailed manner. From this photo only hairline is visible. Side photos can tell us if you needed temple or will need it in 2nd HT. From top and back we can see mid-scalp and crown more.

Thanks I was worried that the hairline was high but it does look natural it is very similar to the hairline I always had as for pictures I’m having a hard time uploading this site doesn’t seem to support the pictures I took with my phone.

Great dense packed hairline with density slowly decreasing upto mid-scalp. Do give topical finasteride a chance as you want the crown area to stay same if you want to delay the 2nd HT.  Your temples also goes well with hairline.

Good luck for the growth phase. Its a very good work done by clinic.  

p.s. having the surgery room and hotel in different floors is something so great to hear as it takes away any travel worry during the stress period. Not to forget the convenience of food.

Edited by duckling
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Day 19

if you zoom in on my hair you can notice dry scalp little flakes, trying to avoid rubbing them off as I don’t want to pick at the transplanted hair to much anyone know if this is just part of the growing phase and any recommendations like aloe Vera or coconut oil?

111.thumb.jpeg.94713c66bcc71a8f43cd5f78cc55ba9b.jpeg

• Like 1

I did apply cold pressed organic aloe vera gel all over my scalp 15 days after and got relief from itching as I also had very dry skin.  But please make sure that they are good quality, chemical free product. Also you can keep them refrigerated. But test for sensitivity/allergy by applying on a non operated part of the scalp first for few times. What works for one may cause problem to another.

4 hours ago, TEXAN35 said:

I did apply cold pressed organic aloe vera gel all over my scalp 15 days after and got relief from itching as I also had very dry skin.  But please make sure that they are good quality, chemical free product. Also you can keep them refrigerated. But test for sensitivity/allergy by applying on a non operated part of the scalp first for few times. What works for one may cause problem to another.

Thanks just bought 100% pure aloe from Amazon will give it a try 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Valued Contributor

@ThomasMatthewsexcellent growth just at 3 months ..and your donor is also getting better....will be exciting to follow your journey ...Happy growing and keep updating ...

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

It’s a good conservative approach. If you weren’t already on fin, prior to surgery, you might have some really good gains/thickness after 1-2 years. 

Personal preference, I would’ve gone a tad bit more aggressive in the right side temple. Other than that I think all looks very clean. 

Edited by Vann

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• 4 months later...