14 days post up and need help

Hello,

I’m 14 days post up my 2-day procedure and my mind is going crazy.

Almost 2 years ago Dr Lorenzo saw my head with a microscope and told me that except my temples that were missing, the density in my forelock was the same but they were miniaturised and I could also see the hair were weaker than the rest without showing any scalp. 

When I went for my procedure , the other doctor checked me and my hair were long and he didn’t say anything and drew the hairline and entrances. Then they shaved my head and he spent some time with me deciding the hairline. 
Before he started with the incisions I asked him several times if there’s thinning or miniaturisation somewhere else and he said multiple times it doesn’t seem to have thinning somewhere else , don’t worry about it now and don’t get stressed because it can affect the outcome. 

Now I’m on 14 days post up and as the hair grows I can see that there’s no issue in density but I can feel and see the difference under certain circumstances between my middle and forelock and the sides in thickness and color ( like a little lighter) . I asked the clinic I sent pictures and the told me that thing are looking normal no need to worry about it, it is the length and the light of the photos that they make it that way.

In every case I’ve seen from him there’s always some grafts put in the middle. Not in my case though.

It’s an elite surgeon on here and I’m taking  oral fin and dutasteride for over a year and topical minoxidil.
Could it be because of the haircut of the clinic ? 
can someone please send me a pm so I can share photos and ask for your opinion ? 

to the benefit of Dr. Lorenzo, he is a well-established doctor with proven and consistent results. I assume you did your research, and he is the surgeon you went with. At the end of the day you have to trust the surgeon you chose. 

Contrary, to the benefit of not being naive, sometimes doctors will promise you the world during consult, but when it is surgery day they will lower expectations and/or refuse to do additional work that will - for whatever reason - complicate surgery or adversely affect their financial bottom line. 

I can't tell if which is the reason without photos. 

Also keep in mind that basically 90% of guys will need multiple HT's to be happy. If this is your very first HT - even with Dr. Lorenzo did a 10/10 job - just due to the nature and science of MPB and hair transplants, you may need a 2nd sugery to take care of the forelock area. 

2 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

to the benefit of Dr. Lorenzo, he is a well-established doctor with proven and consistent results. I assume you did your research, and he is the surgeon you went with. At the end of the day you have to trust the surgeon you chose. 

Contrary, to the benefit of not being naive, sometimes doctors will promise you the world during consult, but when it is surgery day they will lower expectations and/or refuse to do additional work that will - for whatever reason - complicate surgery or adversely affect their financial bottom line. 

I can't tell if which is the reason without photos. 

Also keep in mind that basically 90% of guys will need multiple HT's to be happy. If this is your very first HT - even with Dr. Lorenzo did a 10/10 job - just due to the nature and science of MPB and hair transplants, you may need a 2nd sugery to take care of the forelock area. 

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I actually did the consultation 2 years before with dr Lorenzo and he quoted me less grafts back then even if he would have added in the forelock as he said.
I had my procedure with Dr De Freitas. And I have to say the best for them and the work done on my hairline.

That’s why I’m confused. He didn’t touch my forelock. I have very good communication with the clinic and I asked them more than 5 times and sent them multiple photos also after and they are telling me that everything is normal after the doctor have checked them and I trust them. They also told me that in a second surgery ( I expressed my interest for a second pass for adding density in the same area and he agreed) they’ll check if there’s miniaturisation and they’ll address it. But for now there’s no thinning evident as they have told me. 
So I guess that it’s maybe the angle of the photos, the bad haircut for the shaved head ( people around me telling me so when they see me close) or just a slight miniaturisation. 

• Moderators

You said you are on finasteride, dutasteride, and minoxidil for over a year, so perhaps those improved your forelock area since the time Dr Lorenzo saw you 2 years ago. Anyway, it doesn't make a difference now as you already had the hair transplant. Let the transplant grow for a year and see how it is. If you need a touch-up then you go back for that. That's all you can really do. Don't make yourself go crazy over it.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor
20 hours ago, Overthinker said:

I’m 14 days post up my 2-day procedure and my mind is going crazy.

This is normal and you have to realize that it takes 12 months to judge a hair transplant. For the first three months it's not even worth bothering yourself about it if you have gone to a good clinic/surgeon which you have. Rather than focusing on your immediate post op results, try and keep yourself busy for the nest six months at least with work or something else. All the best and trust in the process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

You said you are on finasteride, dutasteride, and minoxidil for over a year, so perhaps those improved your forelock area since the time Dr Lorenzo saw you 2 years ago. Anyway, it doesn't make a difference now as you already had the hair transplant. Let the transplant grow for a year and see how it is. If you need a touch-up then you go back for that. That's all you can really do. Don't make yourself go crazy over it.

45 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

This is normal and you have to realize that it takes 12 months to judge a hair transplant. For the first three months it's not even worth bothering yourself about it if you have gone to a good clinic/surgeon which you have. Rather than focusing on your immediate post op results, try and keep yourself busy for the nest six months at least with work or something else. All the best and trust in the process.

Thanks a lot for the replied and the support guys! Indeed I thought I would have peace of mind after the procedure and just wait, boy I was wrong.