What is the diff between the Lipo-Dutasteride and the Silicon gel release-Dutasteride?

Can someone explain the difference between the two formulations,

From my basic understanding, the silicon release gel slowly releases the dut over time to minimize systemic absorption, or at least have systemic absorption occurs over the span of hours. A

And is the lipo-dut formulated to better penetrate the scalp because of their theory that dut has a more challenging time penetrating the scalp due to its Dalton size?

is xyon the only company selling dut with the silicone release gel formulation? 

In regards to the liposome dut, are there any sources of it in America, or is it only available from European pharmacies? Can American pharmacies compound it here in the US?

• Administrators

There was a franz cell test done at the University of Milan, they compared carbopol gel, regular lipo gel, and the siloxysystem gel permeated the skin at a lower rate after 24 hours. 

Siloxysytem gel delivers more of a slow and steady release of the drug, rather than a dump. 

This was a third-party study funded by Xyon, so take it for what you will. 
https://www.xyonhealth.com/article/xyon-health-clinical-studies-siloxyssystem-gel/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

35 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

There was a franz cell test done at the University of Milan, they compared carbopol gel, regular lipo gel, and the siloxysystem gel permeated the skin at a lower rate after 24 hours. 

Siloxysytem gel delivers more of a slow and steady release of the drug, rather than a dump. 

This was a third-party study funded by Xyon, so take it for what you will. 
https://www.xyonhealth.com/article/xyon-health-clinical-studies-siloxyssystem-gel/

thanks for the info. 

can u explain liposomal dut?

and is one better than the other, in your opinion?

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, 12345 said:

thanks for the info. 

can u explain liposomal dut?

and is one better than the other, in your opinion?

Regular liposomal dut doesnt have the water soluble silicone compound. The silicone base forms a film that traps the dutasteride, so it slowly releases into the scalp. At least that’s whats claimed. I have never tried the regular lipodut. So I can’t say if there’s a difference.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

26 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Regular liposomal dut doesnt have the water soluble silicone compound. The silicone base forms a film that traps the dutasteride, so it slowly releases into the scalp. At least that’s whats claimed. I have never tried the regular lipodut. So I can’t say if there’s a difference.

thank you. 

I would like to go ahead and order the xyon dut.

do you have to buy the 3 month prescription for the $387 in order to buy it? Like others, we want to try one bottle first without committing to 400 dollars on a product that may or may not give us sides. Is there any way to cancel the prescription after receiving the first bottle and getting a refund for the last 2 bottles?

The only question I’ve had for 2 years now since this whole topical dut came out is when are we gonna have any studies?

Cause to this day we still don’t know if any of the Dutasteride penetrate the scalp.

7 hours ago, JP28 said:

The only question I’ve had for 2 years now since this whole topical dut came out is when are we gonna have any studies?

Cause to this day we still don’t know if any of the Dutasteride penetrate the scalp.

It absolutely penetrates. Unfortunately there is little to no chance of a randomised clinical controlled trial ever happening

• Administrators
On 5/8/2023 at 2:50 PM, 12345 said:

thank you. 

I would like to go ahead and order the xyon dut.

do you have to buy the 3 month prescription for the $387 in order to buy it? Like others, we want to try one bottle first without committing to 400 dollars on a product that may or may not give us sides. Is there any way to cancel the prescription after receiving the first bottle and getting a refund for the last 2 bottles?

I believe that is possible, you can cancel and only be charged the most recent fill. 

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I believe that is possible, you can cancel and only be charged the most recent fill. 

So would you get refunded for the last 2 bottles?

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, 12345 said:

So would you get refunded for the last 2 bottles?

Yes, I believe so. 

View my thread